During the course of troubleshooting we will likely need your device’s MAC address. Below are the step-by-step instructions for obtaining the MAC address of your laptop,desktop, or mobile device. To find the MAC adresss of your game console, follow the instructions here.
- Click on the Start Orb in the lower left hand corner. Type in “cmd” (without quotes) into the search field and press Enter.
- Once a window with a black background appears type in “ipconfig /all” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Several lines of information will appear. Look for the entry that says “Wireless Network Connection.” Underneath in this category will be an entry for “Physical Address” that will have 6 pairs of letters and numbers separated by dashes (ex. 00-aa-11-22-34-5b). This is the MAC address that you will need.
- To find the MAC address of your Ethernet interface (wired connection), follow the same process as above and look for the entry labeled "Local Area Connection" during step 3.
- Once logged into your Mac, click the wireless symbol in the upper right hand corner Select “Open Network Preferences…”
- Once the Network pane comes up, select “Wi-Fi” on the left hand side.
- Select “Advanced…” in the lower right corner.
- The “Wi-Fi” address at the bottom is your MAC Address.
- To find the MAC address of the Ethernet interface, select "Ethernet" on the left hand side and click "Advanced…" in the lower right corner.
- In the new window, click the "Hardware" tab. Your MAC address will be the top entry.
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to: General > About > Wi-Fi Address.
- The “Wi-Fi Address” is your MAC address.
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to: About Device > Status (or Hardware Information)> Wi-Fi MAC Address.