The Kate Gleason College of Engineering at RIT is the nation’s premier career-oriented college of engineering. Students are well prepared for to be immediately valuable contributors to their employers or to go on to graduate school. RIT's cooperative education program is the 4th oldest and 5th largest in the world; with over 2000 co-op placements for engineering students at 500 different companies each year. Our Co-op Education and Career Services Office maintains solid relationships with our industry partners and provides our students with superior advice and mentoring on obtaining co-ops and permanent positions after graduation. Our Student Services office provides academic advising for engineering exploration students and counseling for all engineering students who seek it. They help students find the resources they need to be successful.
Annual program enrollment and degrees awarded information can be found here. (opens as a PDF).
Fall 2016 Enrollment (excludes international campuses)
Total headcount is 3,481
Undergraduate Students 2,815 (709 female)
Graduate Students 666 (127 female)
- 5.4% Hispanic, 8.8% Asian, 2.5% African-American, 2.7% mixed race, 24% unknown, .1% American Indian
- 40 Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing students
- 53% were in top 10% of high school class, mean GPA of 93%, average SAT 1878 (611 CR/663 M/587 W)
- 35 International Students
- Energizing, innovative students who collectively create a vibrant campus community-learn more at Engineering Student Organizations
- Study abroad opportunities while maintaining progress towards degree
- An honors program that offers selected students in depth learning about product innovations for a global society
- A first to second year retention rate over 95%
- An award winning Formula SAE Team.
- KGCOE faculty are passionate about engineering and focused on student success. Faculty are approachable and engaged in teaching.
- Over 90% hold a doctorate degree and many hold one or more patents.
- There are 57 tenured faculty, 25 tenure track faculty, and 23 non-tenure track faculty.
- Outstanding, high tech facilities, expanded labs for true hands-on experiences
- The largest and most well equipped micro-fab clean room facility in the nation for undergraduate education
- Industry-standard CAD and CAM software tools for design and analysis
- State-of-the-art classroom technology and an Engineering Learning Center, staffed with tutors, to help students achieve their very best
- Wifi throughout the engineering complex
- 102 Published Conference Proceedings
- 96 Journal Papers
- 45 Invited Keynote/Presentations
- 3 Journal Editors
- 8 Book Chapters
- I Full Book
- 10 Other Awards/installations, etc.
- 2 Issued Patents
- $7,751,524 in research grants (fiscal 2016:7/1/15-6/30/16)
KGCOE faculty are actively engaged in a variety of research domains. Click on each graphic to learn more about each of these areas of research.