Greetings from the International Student Services Staff!
We hope you have arrived (or will soon arrive) at RIT!
There are two steps you must complete to check-in with our office. Once you check in we can register your attendance in the SEVIS (immigration) system and provide you with a new I-20 or DS/2019 with an updated travel signature on it.
- Please conduct your mandatory, virtual immigration check-in HERE
Use your RIT user name and password to login to Campus Groups to submit the check-in form and copies of your immigration documents. Please have copies of your I-20 (F-1 students), DS-2019 (J-1 students), visa, passport, and I-94 number which may be downloaded here.
NOTE: It may take up to a week after your arrival for your I-94 number to be available online.
All initial status international students must complete their virtual check-in as soon as possible upon arrival in the United States.
- Then it is time for International Student Orientation, which is also virtual this year due to the pandemic, and interactive...you can check your knowledge along the way! Please begin this mandatory orientation session HERE. It is best viewed on a laptop/desktop, or on your phone in landscape mode.
Our PALs (Peer Advisor Leaders) have been reaching out to you and can answer any questions you may have about RIT and life in Rochester.
If you wish to speak to an ISS advisor, you may do so in one of the following ways:
- Open Zoom sessions, every week day 10 am - 12 noon and 2 pm - 4 pm (no appointment needed)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org monitored Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Please allow us adequate time to respond.
- Phone (585) 475-6943. If no answer, please leave us a voice mail. With limited staff in the physical office, we request that you try Zoom or email first. Thank you!
- For after hours and weekend emergencies, please call RIT Public Safety at (585) 475-3333
Welcome to RIT!