About RIT Global
Greatness Through Difference
Rochester Institute of Technology is emerging into one of the world’s most innovative, agile, diverse and forward-thinking universities. At RIT, we forge greatness by being different. Our student and faculty have an impact throughout the world.
At RIT we are committed to expanding opportunities for global education, international connections, work experience and cultural exchanges. RIT has many inter-connected offices, departments, groups, and individuals dedicated to international education and the mission of educating global citizens. These include cutting-edge academic programs, student services units, academic committees, student organizations, and engaged faculty, staff and students.
The RIT Global Office is one of these offices. We are a team of faculty and staff who strive to support and advance the university in its international education initiatives. The office staff provides support to students, faculty and staff interested in an international experience, including study abroad, exchange programs, international fellowships, and the RIT Global Campuses. RIT Global is led by Dr. James Myers, Associate Provost for International Education and Global Programs. The office works closely with the administration and faculty in all nine colleges to achieve RIT’s goal of internationalizing the campus through fostering culture knowledge and competencies, providing global experiential opportunities, expanding RIT’s education abroad and engaging in international research.
Our office and website serve as the portal to myriad global opportunities and programs offered at RIT which make RIT distinctly global.
What Makes RIT Distinctly Global?
- International campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo with more than 2,000 locally enrolled students
- Partnerships with more than 60 nations, including Dominican Republic, Peru, and Sweden
- Doubled international student population over the past 10 years, driven by explosive enrollment in the university’s graduate programs
- A record 2,500+ international students from 103 countries chose to study at RIT this academic year
- 43 RIT students (U.S. and international) currently studying and researching under Fulbright awards