International Education Week (IEW) takes place every November and celebrates international education and exchange worldwide. A joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, International Education Week is celebrated by educational institutions across the U.S. and in more than 100 other countries.
At RIT, International Education Week celebrates the:
- 2,000+ international students studying at RIT.
- 400+ RIT students who each year step outside of their comfort zone to study outside the U.S. on short-term, semester, or academic year programs.
- Many RIT students who will follow their curiosity to discover a world of people, ideas, and solutions as part of a future international experience.
To celebrate RIT plans engaging cultural and academic activities to celebrate each November, including:
- A kick-off celebration with international games, activities, give-a-ways, and food.
- An annual Global Learning Symposium that highlights academic projects from study abroad.
All RIT students, staff, and faculty are invited to attend IEW events!
No events are planned for International Education Week 2023. For last year's schedule of events go here.