Online Course Proctoring
Teaching and Learning Services provides proctoring services for online students who must take proctored exams, including:
- Scheduling and administering proctored exam sessions on campus
- Qualifying local proctors
- Securely distributing exams to remote students
On-campus proctoring sessions are for fully online courses only!
- Remote students must arrange for a local proctor (fees may apply).
- Online students who are eligible for testing accommodation should contact the Disability Services Office at 585.475.5538.
Scantron Test Correction
Teaching and Learning Services provides Scantron test correction for all faculty.
Faculty should drop off test sheets at the TLS Support Desk, Room A600 in the Wallace Library.
Results will be available for pickup within 24 hours. We will email you when scoring is complete.
Test Scoring forms are available through the HUB.
For best service, please bring a completed Scantron Request Form to the Support Desk with your test sheets.
Requesting Proctoring Services
Online faculty who wish to arrange proctoring for an online course, should contact email@example.com by Week 2 of the term.
- Course name and number
- The full course exam schedule
- The date range each exam will be available, including final due dates
- The time limit of each exam
- Any specific exam rules— open book, open notes, calculator use, etc.
- Any delivery methods that you do not want used when sending exams to external proctors (e.g., hard copy, fax, email).
You will receive a confirmation email within two days of request.
Proctored exams can be requested on the following days and times:
- Monday–Wednesday evenings, 5:00pm–8:00pm
- Friday, 8:00am–5:00pm
Tracking Student Completion
The Exam Scheduling System (RIT login required) shows:
- All of your scheduled exams
- Which students have turned in exams
If you have any questions about proctoring for online courses, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students may cancel or reschedule an exam through the Exam Scheduling System.
Students who are going to miss the exam deadline must contact the instructor. Instructors must contact email@example.com to give permission for any student to take an exam after the deadline.
If TLS must cancel an exam session due to bad weather or another reason, we will inform the TLS Support Desk by 4:00PM. Students can call the Desk at 585.475.2551 after 4:00PM to confirm the exam session.
If you have any other questions about proctored exams, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.