Global experiences are an increasingly important component of a student’s educational experience. RIT has a variety of ways that students can get a global experience, including studying at one of our four global campuses.
Parent Tips and Conversation Starters
It is important for you to talk with your student very early about the possibility of learning abroad. Students must carefully plan their schedules in advance to fit learning abroad into a busy course schedule and cooperative education requirements. There are opportunities for students to complete required coursework or a co-op abroad, as long as they plan ahead.
- RIT has international campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo, along with partnerships in over 60 countries.
- Students can attend the annual study and work abroad fair to learn more about global opportunities.
- Scholarships and aid can help fund a study abroad experience.
- If you could study abroad anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Have you thought about when study abroad could fit into your academic program?
- What are your opportunities to complete your co-op or internship requirements abroad?
The RIT Global office supports students, faculty, and staff interested in an international experience, including study abroad, exchange programs, international fellowships, and the RIT Global Campuses.