For the RIT policy on Service Animals, Assistance Animals, and pets on campus please visit RIT’s Service Animal, Assistance Animal, and Pet Policy.

If, due to a disability or medical condition, you require the assistance of an emotional support animal while living in RIT housing, please work together with your doctor or therapist to fill out this form in order to provide documentation of your diagnosis:


The standard DSO request form is also required. If the animal is a dog, cat, or ferret, verification of an up-to-date rabies vaccination will need to be provided and updated as necessary.