SMASH is a special program for rising 8th grade girls, designed to build confidence in science and math. The curriculum focuses on improving the two attitudinal values, perceived usefullness of mathematic and mathematical self-efficacy, impacting math-related achievement. Girls about to enter the 8th grade can join us at RIT for five days of cool science fun with math.
Summer 2018 Dates: July 16-20
Rochester Institute of Technology Campus
The SMASH Experience for Girls is designed
- to increase middle school girls' engagement and interests in STEM education and careers
- to train future K-12 STEM educators, RIT undergraduate and graduate students with interests in teaching STEM
BREAK into a week of summer math fun. . .
CRUSH any fears of learning math. . .
The SMASH Experience AWAKENS your passion for numbers!
- Experience hands-on math learning that can lead to future real life opportunities.
- Use math to uncover mysteries in the world around you.
- Connect what you’ve learned in school to science activities at RIT.
- Engage in recreational activities on campus such as ice-skating!
- Build confidence while making new friends.
Registration for SMASH 2018 is now closed.
School of Mathematical Sciences
2348 Thomas Gosnell Hall
Lea Vacca Michel
Director of Experiments
School of Chemistry and Materials Science
Chair - Women in Science
2278 Thomas Gosnell Hall
Thank you to our sponsors. Your generous donations have made SMASH 2017 possible.