Building girls' confidence in science and math
The SMASH Experience for Girls is designed
- to increase middle school girls' engagement and interests in STEM education and careers
- to train future K-12 STEM educators, RIT undergraduate and graduate students with interests in teaching STEM
SMASH's curriculum focuses on improving the two attitudinal values, perceived usefulness of mathematics and mathematical self-efficacy, impacting math-related achievement.
Join us at RIT for five days of cool science fun with math.
Summer 2018 Dates: July 16-20
Rochester Institute of Technology Campus
BREAK into a week of summer math fun. . .
CRUSH any fears of learning math. . .
The SMASH Experience AWAKENS your passion for numbers!
- Experience hands-on math learning that can lead to future real life opportunities.
- Use math to uncover mysteries in the world around you.
- Connect what you’ve learned in school to science activities at RIT.
- Engage in recreational activities on campus such as ice-skating!
- Build confidence while making new friends.
Register for this week long SMASH experience.
Lea Vacca Michel
Director of Experiments
Thank you to our sponsors. Your generous donations have made SMASH 2017 possible.