Building girls' confidence in science and math
The SMASH Experience for Girls is designed
- to increase middle school girls' engagement and interests in STEM education and careers
- to train future K-12 STEM educators, RIT undergraduate and graduate students with interests in teaching STEM
SMASH's curriculum focuses on improving the two attitudinal values, perceived usefulness of mathematics and mathematical self-efficacy, impacting math-related achievement.
Join us at RIT for five days of cool science fun with math.
Summer 2018 Dates: July 16-20
Rochester Institute of Technology Campus
BREAK into a week of summer math fun. . .
CRUSH any fears of learning math. . .
The SMASH Experience AWAKENS your passion for numbers!
- Experience hands-on math learning that can lead to future real life opportunities.
- Use math to uncover mysteries in the world around you.
- Connect what you’ve learned in school to science activities at RIT.
- Engage in recreational activities on campus such as ice-skating!
- Build confidence while making new friends.
Register for this week long SMASH experience. Note: Registration opens mid-February.
Lea Vacca Michel
Director of Experiments
Thank you to our sponsors. Your generous donations have made SMASH 2017 possible.