- Grants &
- Press &
ILI Instructional Media Awards
In October, the Innovative Learning Institute shared the work of RIT faculty who have been making creative and effective videos for students in their online, blended, and traditional courses. But we know there are more examples out there.
To celebrate and recognize more of the wonderful work being done at RIT, the Innovative Learning Institute is inviting RIT faculty and their students to submit or nominate examples of course videos for the first ILI Instructional Media Awards.
We looked for media that was creative, visually interesting—even funny. But the key criterion was how faculty are using media as an effective teaching tool.
The winners of the inaugural ILI Instructional Media Awards were:
- Best Lesson/Lecture: Paul Ferber, Political Science
- Best Animation: Katie Bush, School of Individualized Study
- Best Demonstration/Tutorial: John Wellin, School of Mechanical Engineering
- Best Presentation: Christine Kray, Anthropology
- Best Use of an Alternative Format: Sara Schley, National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- Best Student-Created Assignments: Yang Yu, Saunders College of Business
Winning videos are available on YouTube.
Have a question? Ask it here.