College of Science Summer Programs - Mathematics
Program Dates: June 4 - July 27, 2018
DEADLINE: March 1, 2018
Eligibility: Participants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents and must be undergraduates in Fall 2018. Women, Veterans, and Minority Students are encouraged to apply.
Summer 2018 research problem areas include:
- Graph Theory and Functional Connectivity of the Brain
- Structural Graph Theory
- Graph Ramsey Numbers
- Dynamical Systems and Modelling of Heart Arrhythmia
Work closely with faculty on cutting-edge research and have the opportunity to present your findings in the 2019 Joint Mathematics meetings in Baltimore, MD. Check out this year's flyer here!
- A stipend of $4200 plus free apartment style housing and meal plan.
- Work closely with faculty on cutting-edge research projects.
- Participate in an "Ethics in Science" workshop.
- The opportunity to present your work at the 2019 Joint Mathematics Meetings in Baltimore, MD.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Complete the application form.
2. Submit academic transcript (unofficial is OK).
3. A brief personal statement (no more than one page) describing your background in mathematics and why you want to attend the RIT REU for Extremal Graph Theory and Dynamical System. Please include any past research experience you have had either at your own institution or other program.
4. Arrange for two professors to send letters of recommendation directly to Professor Darren Narayan.
all application materials to Professor Darren Narayan.
If you prefer to email your application materials, send them to:
Professor Darren Narayan
2018 NSF-REU Program in Mathematics
School of Mathematical Sciences
85 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, NY 14623-5604