- STEP 1: Submit a request form
- STEP 2: Submit documentation of your disability
Your documentation must be from a licensed professional. It should state your diagnosis, information about how your functioning is affected, and suggestions for appropriate accommodations. Please refer to our Documentation Guidelines here if needed.
- STEP 3: Meet with the DSO
Once your request and disability documentation are received by the Disability Services Office (DSO), the request will be reviewed by our professional staff. You will then be contacted to discuss your request. In some cases, if no discussion or clarification is necessary, you may be notified via email regarding accommodations which can be offered.
- STEP 4: Notification
The accommodations for which you are approved by the DSO will be communicated to you via email.
- If you are offered academic accommodations, the DSO will send an electronic copy of your Disability Services Agreement to your instructors at the start of each term. This document lists only the academic accommodations for which you have been approved. It is important for students to discuss their accommodations with their instructors each semester.
- If you are offered residential accommodations, the DSO will notify RIT Housing Operations. All students with residential accommodations must continue to submit a Housing contract each year that you remain in RIT housing.
Making changes to your accommodations:
If at any point you would like to request additional accommodations or make changes to existing accommodations, please request a meeting by filling out this form.
If you do not agree with the DSO's accommodation decision, you have a right to file an appeal. Learn more about our appeal process here.