News and Deadlines
Virtual Career Weeks
A two-week, Virtual Career Weeks event will replace the University-Wide Career Fair this semester. With five industry tracks for employers and students to choose from, this will be a more personalized experience for students. Students will be able to find companies hiring within their specific industries while learning how to stand out in their virtual job search.
The Virtual Career Weeks will be held from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on:
- September 22-25
- October 5-9
Information can be found on the Virtual Career Weeks website.
ROAR the Vote
Election Day is just around the corner and voter registration deadlines are rapidly approaching. We encourage you to talk with your student about voting and encourage them to register today!
The deadline is NY State is October 9 (postmarked); you can check your home state’s deadline online on the Voter Registration Deadline website.
RIT is doing a number of things to encourage participation in the electoral process this year including:
- Hosting multiple tabling events for students to register to vote, update their registration, and request an absentee ballot (specific dates can be found on CampusGroups).
- Hosting Debate Viewing Parties on September 29, October 15, and October 22 on our outdoor screens. Information will be available soon on CampusGroups.
- Providing access to online educational information including FAQs .
- Providing online voter registration on Turbo Vote.
- Providing paper registration forms, stamps, and envelopes as an alternative to the online system. Materials can be picked up at any ROAR the Vote registration drive or at the Center for Leadership & Civic Engagement.
We are Tigers, and we ROAR the Vote!
President Munson on the Death of Daniel Prude
Last week, President Munson released a statement on the local death of Daniel Prude. You can read the statement here.
Parents of New Students—Feedback Needed
If your student just began at RIT, we’d love your feedback on your Family Orientation experience this summer including the Family Orientation Newsletter, video series, move-in, and your student’s adjustment to RIT. Fill out the survey here—it will only take a few minutes to provide us valuable information that will guide future programming!