myCourses is RIT's Learning Management System (LMS). Instructors create course materials, deliver the content, and monitor and assess student performance with assignments, quizzes, grades, etc. Students have a central repository of course information, assignments, and expectations to allow for easy access and planning for time management. myCourses can be used in fully online, hybrid/bended, and fully in person courses.
Use Case and Benefits
- Automatically add students to your courses based on SIS enrollment with the option to add additional students and support personnel as needed.
- Course content and activity instructions can be accessed consistently across courses, for student ease of use and continuity of instruction.
- Assignments: A central location to collect assignment files. Build a consistent rubric and quickly score against that rubric.
- Quizzes: Automatic grading, randomized quiz banks, timed quizzing, automatic start and stop of quizzes, integrations with textbook publishers.
- Discussions: Encourage out of class participation in discussion.
- Grades: Pass assignments/quiz scores to the gradebook automatically. Automatic tallying of student overall class grade.
- Reuse course materials from semester to semester.
- Use the Ally integration to improve the accessibility of your course materials.
Accessing the Technology
Browser-based tool. Access myCourses and log in with your RIT account.
Option to install the Pulse app on mobile devices for course viewing only.
Learn More & Get Help
Attend a group training
Request a consultation
For technical issues and other support, contact Technology Systems Support