The 2012 RIT United Way campaign teed off to success at Shadow Lake Golf Club with the 24th Annual Rick Pettinger Memorial Golf Tournament on Sept. 22. The field of 150 golfers (which included 15 corporate sponsors) raised a record $7,460—the highest amount in the history of the tournament.
Next year the golf tournament will be renamed in honor of Joan Stone, the former dean of RIT’s College of Imaging Arts and Sciences who died in July after a 20-year battle with cancer. Stone was an avid participant in the event for many years.
The tournament in 2013 will be renamed the “RIT United Way Golf Tournament in Memory of Joan Stone and Rick Pettinger,” and in subsequent years, will only include Stone’s name—in a lasting remembrance of the passion she brought to the golf event and to charitable efforts each year.
This year’s tournament winners include the following golfers:
• Women’s Team-First Place: Norma Fleck, Patti LaChance, Kit Mayberry, Pat Sorce
• Men’s Team-First Place: Bob Fleck, John Fleck, Adam Smith, Jay Sullivan
• Longest Drive: Colleen Desimone-Women; David Silpe-Men
• Chipping Contest: Terry Walker
• Putting Contest: Malcolm Spaull
For more information, contact Lynn Rowoth, 2012 United Way Campaign Coordinator, at 585-475-7408 or email@example.com.