Corporate Challenge on RIT campus today
May 21, 2013
Follow RITNEWS on Twitter
The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge is taking place on the RIT campus today. While RIT will remain open during the race, designated roadways and parking lots and some access points will be blocked.
RIT is encouraging departments to allow their employees and students not participating in the Challenge to leave campus at 3:30 p.m.
RIT community members who must arrive or leave campus during the road closure timeframe noted below should plan ahead to park their cars in the parking lots that will remain accessible during the race. Those lots are: A, B, C, E, F, J, K, L, R, T and the Residence Hall circles for ease of departure and arrival. A portion of S Lot will also be available prior to 3:30 p.m.
The following parking lots are closed all day today: D, G, H and N. S Lot will close at 3:30 p.m. Once the race ends at 8:30 p.m., S Lot will reopen for parking.
RTS Bus Service and Summer Shuttle Service will be suspended at 4 p.m. today and will resume on May 22.
The following roads will close today:
• 8 a.m.: Lomb Memorial Drive from Jefferson Road to flag poles (entire loop).
• 3 p.m.: Andrews Memorial Drive between Minett Drive and K Lot (Vehicles departing from E, F, J or T lots will be directed to exit through T Lot to Minett Drive).
• 5:30 p.m.: Wherever possible, RIT entrances will be closed to incoming traffic, permitting only buses to enter, bringing race participants to campus. All other vehicles will only be permitted to exit campus.
• 6:30 p.m.: Entire race course will be closed to traffic (entire Andrews Drive Loop, Lomb Drive, plus sections that go through S Lot and Greenleaf Court). To view the race course, go to www.jpmorganchasecc.com/events.php?page=maps&city_id=3#SITEMAP
• 6:45 p.m.: Race begins. Any vehicles parked within the race course will not be permitted to exit. Andrews will be reopened as final participants cross major intersections.
• 8:30 p.m.: All participants should finish race by 8:30 p.m., at which time the entire race course will be reopened to traffic.