Study Abroad For Engineering Students
- Strong engineering coursework is typically available in England, Ireland, Australia and at RIT Dubai - however you are not limited to these locations!
- If you're looking to take engineering courses abroad, a semester program will have more course options, versus summer programs. However, summer programs are a good option if you are looking to take general education electives or immersion credits abroad.
- It’s important for KGCOE students to start early when planning to study abroad in order to have the most flexibility in finding engineering specific coursework abroad. But remember that if you’re late to the game, you may still have options and a study abroad advisor can help you find a program that may work for you.
Remember, you don’t have to limit yourself to taking major-specific coursework abroad! Saving a few minor, immersion or general education electives to take abroad is a great way to fit in a study abroad experience while giving you more flexibility with program options, locations and length of time abroad.
KGCOE Study Abroad Info Sheet – Highlights major/college specific study abroad information such as the best time to go and popular programs.
- If you’re interested in one of the programs highlighted, login to the Compass (application database), click on the ‘Search Programs’ tab and type in the program name in the keyword box to learn more and start an application.
- Don’t see a program you’re interested in on the sheet? Do a Compass search to expand your options (choose your field of study from the drop down list).
KGCOE Study Abroad Pathway - Developed by KGCOE to help students in each major identify an ideal time to study abroad. If the suggested time frame for your major doesn’t work for you, work with your academic and study abroad advisors to determine an alternative time frame.
RIT offers faculty-led study abroad programs designed, developed and led by RIT faculty. The travel portion of these programs are usually shorter in length (between one to five weeks) taking place over summer, winter break or spring break.
These upcoming Faculty-Led Programs are currently accepting applications that are a good fit for KGCOE majors:
|CPU Design in Poland||Poznan, Poland||Summer||Faculty Director: Marcin Lukowiak
Study Abroad Scholarships for Engineering Students:
- RIT Education Abroad Travel Grant - Awarded to students going on RIT Global Campus, exchange or faculty-led programs. You will be able to “opt-in” for this scholarship consideration as part of your application.
- Honors students are eligible for a $500 travel grant to study abroad.
- IES Sudy Abroad Scholarship for Future Engineers - up to $10,000 for students going on an IES study abroad program
For many more scholarships and fellowships for study abroad use the scholarship search tool available at fellowships.rit.edu
KGCOE Global Ambassadors
Study Abroad Global Ambassadors are returned KGCOE study abroad students who can answer any questions you may have from a student perspective – feel free to reach out to them via email or social media.
|Dakota Sabotka||Biomedical Engineering||Engineering World Health - Guatemala (RIT Faculty-Led)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Roxette Burgos||Electrical Engineering||RIT Dubaiemail@example.com|