Study Abroad For Engineering Technology Students
- Strong engineering coursework is typically available in England, Ireland, Australia and at RIT Dubai - however you are not limited to these locations!
- If you're looking to take engineering tech courses abroad, a semester program will have more course options, versus summer programs. However, summer programs are a good option if you are looking to take general education electives or immersion credits abroad.
- It’s important for CET students to start early when planning to study abroad in order to have the most flexibility in finding engineering specific coursework abroad. But remember that if you’re late to the game, you may still have options and a study abroad advisor can help you find a program that may work for you.
- Remember, you don’t have to limit yourself to taking major-specific coursework abroad! Saving a few minor, immersion or general education electives to take abroad is a great way to fit in a study abroad experience while giving you more flexibility with program options, locations and length of time abroad.
CET Study Abroad Info Sheet – Highlights major/college-specific study abroad information such as the best time to go and popular programs.
- If you’re interested in one of the programs highlighted, login to the Compass (application database). Click on the ‘Search Programs’ tab and type in the program name in the keyword box to learn more and start an application.
- Don’t see a program you’re interested in on the sheet? Do a Compass search to expand your options (choose your field of study from the drop-down list).
CET Study Abroad Pathway - Developed by CET to help students in each major identify an ideal time to study abroad. If the suggested time frame for your major doesn’t work for you, work with your academic and study abroad advisors to determine an alternative time frame.
The College of Engineering Technology (CET) offers faculty-led study abroad programs designed, developed, and led by CET faculty. The travel portion of these programs is usually shorter in length (between one to five weeks) taking place over summer, winter break, or spring break.
|Revit in Sweden||Malmo, Sweden||Spring course with early summer travel||Contact faculty director Scott Wolcott (email@example.com)|
|Going Green: Exploring Innovations in Engineering with a Global Perspective||Dublin, Ireland||Spring course with early summer travel||Contact faculty director Betsy Dell (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Study Abroad Scholarships
- RIT Education Abroad Travel Grant - Available for RIT Global Campus, Faculty-Led, and Exchange programs ($500-$1,000). Students are automatically considered for this funding if you have a pending application in the RIT study abroad Compass for an eligible program. Awards are based on financial need.
- Honors students are eligible for a $500 travel grant to study abroad.
- IES Study Abroad Scholarship for Future Engineers - up to $10,000 for students going on an IES study abroad program.
- Other featured study abroad scholarships - keep in mind that scholarship deadlines are often early, so it’s best to investigate these early in your study abroad application process.
- RIT Study Abroad Scholarships - RIT college and department scholarships that can support a study abroad program of your choice.
- National Study Abroad Scholarships - Nationally competitive scholarships that fund a study abroad program of your choice.
- Funded Programs - Competitive international programs to study, research, learn a language, or intern abroad that are mostly or fully funded.
CET Global Ambassadors
Study Abroad Global Ambassadors are returned CET study abroad students who can answer any questions you may have from a student perspective – feel free to reach out to them via email or social media.
|Kyle Chan||Mechanical Engineering Technology||Automotive Electronics in Germany, Faculty-Led Programemail@example.com|
Additional International Opportunities
These highlighted international programs and fellowships include options for undergraduate students or after graduation opportunities.
- Fulbright Canada-Mitacs Globalink Program - funding for10-12 week summer internship for U.S. students to work on research projects in Canada in the areas of science, engineering, math, and social sciences.
- DAAD Rise - funding for 3-month STEM summer research internship program in Germany
- Amgen Scholars Program - funding for summer research experience in Japan, China, or Singapore for engineering or science majors.
- Yamaha Global Internship - summer research internships in Japan for senior undergraduates or grad students (engineering, computer science, physical sciences, math)
- Fulbright Fellowship (U.S. Student Program) - funding for upcoming or recent graduates to go to grad school or complete an independent research project abroad.
Contact Jenny Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Education Abroad, for more information on these opportunities and to assist you in the application process.
Search for more fellowship opportunities at email@example.com