Study Abroad For Science & Math Students
- If you're looking to take science and math courses abroad, a semester program will typically have more course options, versus summer programs. However, summer programs are a good option if you are looking to take general education electives or immersion credits abroad.
- Remember, you don’t have to limit yourself to taking major-specific coursework abroad! Saving a few minor, immersion or general education electives to take abroad is a great way to fit in a study abroad experience while giving you more flexibility with program options, locations and length of time abroad.
COS Study Abroad Info Sheet – Highlights major/college specific study abroad information such as the best time to go and popular programs.
- If you’re interested in one of the programs highlighted, login to the Compass (application database), click on the ‘Search Programs’ tab and type in the program name in the keyword box to learn more and start an application.
- Don’t see a program you’re interested in on the sheet? Do a Compass search to expand your options (choose your field of study from the drop down list).
COS Study Abroad Pathway - Developed by COS to help students in each major identify an ideal time to study abroad. If the suggested time frame for your major doesn’t work for you, work with your academic and study abroad advisors to determine an alternative time frame.
Program in Focus - Biotechnology Majors - DIS Abroad, Denmark
This affiliate study abroad program has strong discipline-specific coursework in Biotechnology that is a good match for RIT students.
The College of Science (COS) offers faculty-led study abroad programs designed, developed and led by COS faculty. The travel portion of these programs are usually shorter in length (between one to five weeks) taking place over summer, winter break or spring break.
|Galapagos Evolution & Ecology||Galapagos, Ecuador||Spring course with early summer travel||Faculty Director: Bob Rothman (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Urban Ecology||Malmo, Sweden||Spring course with
early summer travel
|Faculty Directors: Karl Korfmacher (email@example.com); Elizabeth Hane (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Study Abroad Scholarships for College of Science Students:
- RIT Education Abroad Travel Grant - Awarded to students going on RIT Global Campus, exchange or faculty-led programs. You will be able to “opt-in” for this scholarship consideration as part of your application.
Honors students are eligible for a $500 travel grant to study abroad. Email Kerrie Bondi at email@example.com for more details.
For many more scholarships and fellowships for study abroad use the scholarship search tool available at fellowships.rit.edu
COS Global Ambassadors
Study Abroad Global Ambassadors are returned COS study abroad students who can answer any questions you may have from a student perspective – feel free to reach out to them via email or social media.
Summer Psychology in Croatia (RIT Global Campus)
|Riley Kieffer||Applied Math||University College Dublin - Ireland (Arcadia)||firstname.lastname@example.org|