Students typically take a minimum of 12 credits (4 courses) during their academic semester abroad in Zagreb. Your department advisor can review the RIT courses offered to ensure that you stay on track with your individual degree program. The academic calendar closely follows the RIT Rochester calendar, and consists of 2 semesters.
Courses are available in the following areas of study:
- Business (International Business, Management, Marketing, Finance, Accounting)
- Information Sciences & Technology
- Liberal Arts/Electives (English, Anthropology, Environmental Science, Philosophy, Psychology)
Course offerings and descriptions at RIT Croatia in Zagreb can be found on the RIT SIS system.
- RIT SIS System
- Near top of page, click on "Public Class Search" > SIS Class Search (note: the term at top automatically defaults to the current academic term)
- Scroll down to bottom and for "Location" select "RIT Zagreb"
- To see classes that were offered in a previous semester, change the "Term" at the top of the page
- Note that the course offerings for RIT Croatia are typically released later than the course offerings for RIT Rochester. However, the course offerings are fairly consistent from year to year, so it is appropriate to use the previous year’s course offerings as a tentative list.
Courses focus on critical thinking, decision-making, communication and leadership – all the skills necessary for success in today’s global work environment. The teaching methods promote interaction and active participation between students and faculty. Study abroad students are encouraged to get involved with activities outside of the classroom to immerse themselves in their new environment and provide additional cultural learning.