Study Abroad For Computing & Information Sciences Students
- Strong computing coursework is typically available in England, Ireland, Australia, Germany at RIT Croatia and RIT Dubai - however you are not limited to these locations!
- If you're looking to take computing courses abroad, a semester program will have more course options, versus summer programs. However, summer programs are a good option if you are looking to take general education electives or immersion credits abroad.
- It’s important for GCCIS students to start early when planning to study abroad in order to have the most flexibility in finding engineering specific coursework abroad. But remember that if you’re late to the game, you may still have options and a study abroad advisor can help you find a program that may work for you.
- Remember, you don’t have to limit yourself to taking major-specific coursework abroad! Saving a few minor, immersion or general education electives to take abroad is a great way to fit in a study abroad experience while giving you more flexibility with program options, locations and length of time abroad.
GCCIS Study Abroad Info Sheet – Highlights major/college specific study abroad information such as the best time to go and popular programs.
- If you’re interested in one of the programs highlighted, login to the Compass (application database), click on the ‘Search Programs’ tab and type in the program name in the keyword box to learn more and start an application.
- Don’t see a program you’re interested in on the sheet? Do a Compass search to expand your options (choose your field of study from the drop down list).
GCCIS Study Abroad Pathway - Developed by GCCIS to help students in each major identify an ideal time to study abroad. If the suggested time frame for your major doesn’t work for you, work with your academic and study abroad advisors to determine an alternative time frame.
Study Abroad Scholarships for GCCIS Students:
- RIT Education Abroad Travel Grant - Awarded to students going on RIT Global Campus, exchange or faculty-led programs. You will be able to “opt-in” for this scholarship consideration as part of your application.
- Honors students are eligible for a $500 travel grant to study abroad. Email Kerrie Bondi at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Other featured study abroad scholarships - keep in mind that scholarship deadlines are often early, so it’s best to investigate these now. We also have a scholarship advisor in our office who can provide feedback on your scholarship essays to make sure they are competitive.
GCCIS Global Ambassadors
Study Abroad Global Ambassadors are returned GCCIS study abroad students who can answer any questions you may have from a student perspective – feel free to reach out to them via email or social media.
|Dominque Molee||RIT Croatia||Computer Scienceemail@example.com|
|Alex Levie||University of Osnabruck (Germany) (SUNY Oswego)||Computer Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org||Read Alex's blog post|
Additional International Opportunities
These highlighted international programs and fellowships include options for undergraduate students or after graduation opportunities.
- Fulbright Canada-Mitacs Globalink Program - funding for 10-12 week summer internship for U.S. students to work on research projects in Canada in the areas of science, engineering, math, and social sciences.
- DAAD Rise - funding for 3-month STEM summer research internship program in Germany
- Amgen Scholars Program - funding for summer research experience in Japan, China or Singapore for engineering or science majors.
- Yamaha Global Internship - summer research internships in Japan for senior undergraduates or grad students (engineering, computer science, physical sciences, math)
- Fulbright Fellowship (U.S. Student Program) - funding for upcoming or recent graduates to go to grad school or complete an independent research project abroad.
Contact Jenny Sullivan (email@example.com), Director of Education Abroad, for more information on these opportunities and to assist you in the application process.
Search for more fellowship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org