You will need a passport to go abroad. You should start the process of applying or renewing your passport at least 3 months before you depart. Our office hosts two Passport Drives annually in the Fall and Spring semesters. During this event the Monroe County Clerk is on campus to take passport photos, process passport applications and renew passports. See the links below to find out what forms of ID are required and the associated costs. The paper applications will be available at the event. Like our Facebook page to stay up to date on our events or email us to find out when the next Passport Drive is scheduled.
- State Department Passport Requirements - use this wizard to determine what forms, fees, and identification you will need
- Where to Apply for a Passport - find offices where you can apply for a passport. You may need to schedule an appointment.
- Monroe County Clerk’s Office - information for applying for a passport in Monroe County
- Inexpensive and Quick Passport Photos
Visa requirements for US Citizens differ greatly by country. Make sure you are aware of any visas you might need. If you are traveling to RIT Global Campuses your study abroad advisor will direct you to the RIT Global staff member that will assist you in the visa application process. If you are going through an affiliate program, contact them to verify whether or not you need a visa.
- Will You Need a Visa? - quick check to see if you will need a visa in-country or when travelling
- General Visa Information - search by country to understand the visa process for your host country
- Visa requirements for China - for students going on RIT programs in China
- Visa requirements for Croatia - for students going on RIT programs in Crotia
- Visa requirements for Dubai - for students going on RIT programs in Dubai
- Visa requirements for Kosovo - for students going on RIT programs in Kosovo