The primary function of this facility is to advance the design and development of eco-friendly electronic and embedded systems. The lab is equipped to design new systems (hardware and embedded software) as well as execute performance and reliability testing and evaluation of existing designs.
- Design of systems taking into consideration the entire product life cycle, including reuse, refurbishing, and end-of-life.
- Analysis of existing products to determine their potential for remanufacturing and reuse.
- Minimization of the use of non-sustainable techniques and materials (including lead).
- Development of test and requalification strategies to ensure that sustainable products are just as reliable and have the same long life as single-use designs.
- Development of sensing and measurement systems for the in-situ analysis of sustainability, including energy production and consumption, and platform health (diagnostics and prognostics).
- Rapid prototyping of systems for both lab and in-field environments.
Sustainability Institute Hall (SUS/building 81), room 3230
24/7 swipe card access