PHOTO OPPORTUNITY: Earth Day Cleanup on RIT Campus, April 22
April 20, 2005
by Silandara Bartlett-Gustina
Follow RITNEWS on Twitter
The Student Environmental Action League at Rochester Institute of Technology will sponsor a campus cleanup from noon to 4 p.m. on Friday, April 22. Leaving from the Student Alumni Union—where they will pick up gloves and garbage bags&mdashstudents will head out to clean up five areas of campus:
- The nature trails, located to the south of the Quarter Mile
- The University Commons apartment ponds, located near the southwestern corner of parking lot S
- The wetlands along Wiltsie Drive
- The ball fields, located near parking lots D and N
- The Colony Manor apartment lawns, located across John Street.
“If people are more aware of the damage that littering does to the campus, and to the environment in general, they will be better stewards of their own land. Picking up trash and beautifying the campus benefits everyone who lives, studies or works here,” says Blair Brown, third-year environmental science student and clean-up organizer.