RIT's Student Government Hosts Homecoming
Jan. 20, 2005
by Silandara Bartlett-Gustina
Follow RITNEWS on Twitter
In the depths of winter, Rochester Institute of Technology's Student Government kicks up the spirit and gives the campus something to celebrate—Homecoming. This year's theme? “Our blood runs orange.”
Here's the line up of events and photo opportunities:
- Jan. 26-28: Tiger Idol auditions (6-9 p.m. on Jan. 26 and 27, 5-7 p.m. on Jan. 28), Student Alumni Union cafeteria. RIT students will flaunt their talent and audition to become the next Tiger Idol (much like American Idol but without any mean judges).
- 11 a.m., Feb. 5: Faculty/staff vs. students flag football game, turf field behind Wallace Library.
- 6 p.m., Feb. 6: Superbowl party, Clark Gymnasium. Students will watch the game on the big screen, munch free eats and get a chance to win giveaways and prizes.
- 8 p.m., Feb. 10: Tiger Idol final contest, Clark Gymnasium. Students cheer on their favorite talented Tiger. First place wins a $500-value prize and the honor of being named RIT's 2005 Tiger Idol, second place wins a $250-value prize and third place wins a $100-value prize.
- 6 and 8 p.m., Feb. 11: Women's and men's basketball games.
- 3 and 7 p.m., Feb. 12: Women's and men's hockey games. Free pizza in between the games.
For more information, visit www.sg.rit.edu.