RIT Celebrates Week of Women March 7–11
Series of events provides information about campus services available to women
March 3, 2011
by Vienna Carvalho-McGrain
Follow Vienna Carvalho-McGrain on Twitter
Follow RITNEWS on Twitter
In honor of Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day, Rochester Institute of Technology presents Week of Women@RIT, March 7–11.
The weeklong series of events provides information to faculty, staff and students about clubs and services available on campus for women. All events are free.
Featured events include:
• Henna workshop, 7–8 p.m. March 7, Campus Center Bamboo Room
• Film, Eat, Pray, Love, 8 p.m. March 7, Campus Center Bamboo Room
• Women’s Information Fair, noon–2 p.m. March 8, Student Alumni Union lobby
• Film, Water, 8 p.m. March 9, Campus Center Bamboo Room
• Keynote speaker, Phillipa Powers, 7 p.m. March 10, 1829 Room, SAU
• Poster painting, 7–9 p.m. March 11, 1829 Room, SAU
International Women’s Day, celebrated around the world this year on March 8, honors the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future. March is Women’s History Month.
For more information about Week of Women@RIT, contact the Center for Women and Gender at 585-475-7464.