Parking lots, roads to close today, Tuesday
May 23, 2011
by Marie Lang
Follow Marie Lang on Twitter
Follow RITNEWS on Twitter
There are several parking lot and road closures today and Tuesday to accommodate the Chase Corporate Challenge. RIT is encouraging departments to allow their employees and students not participating in the race to leave campus at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
RIT community members who must arrive or leave campus during the road closure timeframe noted below should park in the lots that will remain accessible during the race: A, B, C, E, F, J, K, L and T lots and the Residence Hall circles. A portion of S Lot also will be available before 3:30 p.m.
RTS Bus Service and Summer Shuttle Service will be suspended at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday and will resume Wednesday.
G and H lots will be closed all day today. D, G, H, N and U lots will be closed all day Tuesday. S Lot will close at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. Once the race ends at 8:30 p.m., S and U lots will reopen.
The following roads will close on Tuesday:
• 8 a.m.: Main entrance to campus at Lomb Drive, including entire Lomb Drive loop
• 3 p.m.: Andrews Drive between Minett Drive and K Lot (vehicles departing from E, F, J or T lots will be directed to exit through T Lot to Minett Drive)
• 5 p.m.: Entrances will be closed to incoming traffic; only shuttle buses with race participants will be allowed to enter. All other vehicles will only be allowed to exit campus.
• 6:30 p.m.: Entire race course will be closed to traffic. Any vehicles parked within the course will not be allowed to exit. To view the course, go to www.jpmorganchasecc.com/events.php?page=maps&city_id=3#COURSEMAP.
• 6:45 p.m.: Race begins. Portions of Andrews Drive will be reopened as final participants cross major intersection.
• 8:30 p.m.: Race course will be reopened to traffic.
For more information, contact Michelle Seger, managing director of special events and conferences, at email@example.com.