After-Hours Mental Health Line:
Suicide and Crisis Lifeline:
Crisis Text Line:
Text HOME to 741741
Telemental health services are delivered over Zoom for Healthcare, a remote video platform. These services are available to students studying remotely full-time, as well as those with appropriate clinical need for telemental health. Additional need for telemental health services should be discussed with your current service provider.
Qualifying Criteria for Telemental Health
New York State law guides the scope of telemental health services. At this time, to qualify for these clinical services, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be physically located in New York State
- Be over the age of 18
- Be enrolled full-time at RIT; other matriculated students may choose to pay the semester fee for services or a per visit fee
- Be without complex mental health disorders that are best managed in an in-person setting (e.g., students without symptoms of acute psychosis, students without active suicidal/homicidal ideation)
- Ability to provide Informed Consent for Telemental Health
Students who do not meet this criteria are eligible for supportive phone/video consultations, outlined below.
Phone/Video Consultation Guidelines:
- These are calls lasting up to 15 minutes.
- These are check-ins and are not intended to be ongoing.
- These may be meant to provide information on services available in a student’s home community.
- These can be had with any student at any time during Counseling and Psychological Services and NTID Psychological Services business hours and is part of our follow-up practice.
Phone/Video Session Guidelines:
- These are calls lasting between 15 and 30 minutes.
- These are supportive calls.
- These may be provide information and resources.
- These may be recurrent and intend to ensure connection to other resources.
Not eligible? We are still here to help you navigate services that meet your needs. Call our office at 585-475-2261 to identify additional options that work best for you.