The Title IX Office is committed to fostering a campus climate in which members of our community are protected from all forms of sex discrimination, including sexual harassment, sexual violence, intimate partner violence, gender-based harassment and discrimination, and stalking. Title IX Office is a neutral office that serves as a resource for every person in the RIT Community, including students, parents or guardians, employees, and visitors. The Title IX Office:
- Oversees all reports of sex discrimination on campus
- Enforces the university’s non-discrimination policies concerning sex discrimination
- Educates the community about the university’s policies and practices
- Investigates employee reports of sex discrimination
- Connects people to resources that can support them if they experience sex discrimination or retaliation
- Listens to community concerns
- Identifies any patterns or systemic problems that arise during the review of reports of sex discrimination
- Ensures the university’s adherence to federal and state laws regarding sex discrimination in an ever changing landscape.
Fundamental to the Title IX Office’s duties are fairness, trauma-informed practices, due process, and transparency.
Title IX Team
Stacy is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the university’s compliance efforts regarding reports of sex and gender-based harassment and discrimination by or against members of the RIT Community. She oversees and reviews investigations and resolution of all reports under RIT's policies prohibiting sex and gender discrimination.
Catherine investigates claims of sex and gender discrimination made by or against university employees. She also serves as the point of contact between the Title IX Office and campus partners on such investigations.
Darci assists the Director of Title IX and Clery Compliance with compliance with RIT's policies and procedures related to sex and gender-based harassment and discrimination. Darci also collaborates campus partners to deliver training, education, and Title IX programing.
Amy supports the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community as a Deputy Title IX Coordinator. She assists the Title IX Office with answering questions about the Title IX process, and with educational workshops and programs.
Lana supports the RIT community as a Deputy Title IX Coordinator. She assists the Title IX Office with answering questions about the Title IX process, and with educational workshops and programs.
If you need additional assistance, but aren't sure where to go please visit the webpages below for on and off-campus resources:
RIT Student Affairs: Counseling and Psychological Services
RESTORE: Sexual Assault Services
The National Domestic Violence Hotline
Willow Domestic Violence Center