- Firefox and Chrome are always the recommended browsers
- Remember to check your browser to allow/enable pop-ups
- It is recommended that you use a personal computer/device while applying rather than a work-issued device
- Current RIT employees should log in through the Current Faculty/Staff gateway
- External candidates should log in through either the External Faculty or External Staff gateway
Searching for Open Positions
- You do not need to be logged in or have a profile to view current openings
- To search for a position, put in the title or keyword in the SEARCH box
- To see a full list of openings, click on the SEARCH button and all current openings will appear
- If no current positions match your search criteria, save your search for email notifications the day that new matching positions open. Select "Save this search" in the top right corner and follow the on-screen instructions. You can manage your saved searches in your candidate dashboard.
- If the position is no longer listed, then the department is no longer accepting applications.
Setting Up Your Candidate Profile
- It is recommended that you create a candidate profile to be able to view your job submission throughout the process. Do this by clicking on Candidate Zone in the top menu, and update your candidate profile periodically to save you time when applying.
- Do not create a new username and profile each time you apply. If you forgot your password, or get an error message that the profile already exists, please contact email@example.com
- You can upload up to five different resumes and cover letters (3 MB max) and fifteen additional documents (5 MB max) to your applicant profile. The job posting will indicate what required documents you need to include with your application.
- You cannot add documents to an application after it's been submitted for a position, so be sure everything you need is uploaded and up-to-date. Any document submission request after applying should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the BR# in the subject line.
You can apply to a position without setting up a profile, but you will not be able to see your job submission status if you apply in this way.
Applying for Open Positions
Positions open and close daily, so if you see something you're interested in, go ahead and apply! RIT only reviews candidates who have submitted applications for specific positions, therefore you must apply separately to each position you want, to be considered a candidate.
- Review the posting for required documents
- Apply to positions that strongly match your experience
- Review your application and ensure required documents are attached before submitting your application
- Submit your application
- A confirmation email will be sent to you referencing the BR#/Position title
After You Have Applied
- To check on your application status, log in and click on your Candidate Zone Dashboard (in top menu) and select the Applications tab.
- You may need to reference the Job Posting Description for the position(s) you have applied to when preparing for your interview. It will still be accessible via the Applications tab after the position posting is no longer listed. Click on the BR# to get the full description.
- If you need to withdraw your application, this can also be done in the dashboard.
Career Zone Technical Tips
- If you “Forgot your password”, it can be reset by clicking on “Forgot your password” link on the Career Zone login page. Check your Junk or Spam folder for the system email. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to set up two-factor authentication. If you need further assistance, please email email@example.com.
- When using a mobile device, clear cookies and cache before logging in.
- If you get an error during the application process while on your computer, clear temporary files, cookies, and cache and log back in.
- Don't use your browser's back button, use the back button in the system instead.
If you still need help or have other questions not answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.