Faculty & Staff
- General parking spaces are available in lots A, B, C, D*, F*, G, H, J*, K, L*, N, S*, and T.
- General permits are valid for any general parking space on campus.
- Allows parking in designated reserved spaces in a specific parking lot. Reserved permits are available for D*, E, F*, J*, M, R, S*, and U lots, CIMS West, Grace Watson, Kate Gleason, and Sol Heumann circles.
- Reserved spaces are restricted to reserved permit holders Monday-Friday, 5:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Reserved permit holders may also park in general parking spaces in any campus lot.
- Reserved permits are available on a first come, first-served basis and can be ordered through MyParking Portal account.
- Full-year and single-semester permits are available.
- Motorcycles must be parked in designated motorcycle parking or in regular parking spaces.
- Permanent motorcycle parking is available in lots C, L, and E. From April 1 to October 31, additional temporary motorcycle parking is available in lots C, D, F, J, S, L, M and T. These areas are marked with temporary signs.
Electric Vehicle Permits
- The Electric Vehicle Permit allows owners to park at any charging station in lots D, T, and M for up to four hours. After charging, the vehicle may be parked in any Reserved or General space in the lot where the charging took place, or in any General space on campus.
- EV permits are available on a first come, first-served basis.
- Parking in handicapped spaces is permitted with a state-issued handicapped parking permit.
- The use of a handicap plate or placard must be accompanied by an RIT parking permit.
- General handicapped spaces are provided in each lot and meet ADA regulations.
- Parking in handicapped areas without proper authorization is a serious federal, state, and RIT offense. Vehicles will be fined and may be towed at the owner/operator's expense.
The Parking Office will issue a temporary handicapped permit for one week, while an official handicapped permit is obtained from a local municipality. To apply, please visit the RIT Service Center and complete the Service Request for a Handicap Permit application.
* D, F, J, L, and S lots contain both general and reserved parking. Be sure to check signs for reserved rows and ensure you are parking in the area allowed by your permit.
Permit Rates for Fall 2022
General Permit Rates
Annual Permit - Fall Semester, Intersession, Spring Semester, Summer Term
Semester (Semi-Annual) Permit - two options available:
- Fall Semester - valid for Fall Semester and Intersession
- Spring Semester - valid for Spring Semester and Summer Term
The only accepted payment method for General Permits is the automatic payroll deduction. All purchases are completed via the Parking Portal (myparking.rit.edu).
|Salary Range||Annual Permit||Semester Permit|
|Less than $47,000||$13.00||$6.50|
|$150,000 and above||$173.00||$86.50|
Reserved Permit Rates
The accepted payment methods for Reserved Permits are credit card and automatic payroll deduction. All purchases are completed via the Parking Portal (myparking.rit.edu).
|Permit Type||Annual Permit||Semester Permit|
|Reserved (Single Lot)||$260.00||$130.00|