Spring Craft Sale Information
The Annual Spring Craft Sale is Friday, March 22nd, 2019 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm in the Student Alumni Union (bldg. 4). Click here for more information!
Who Can Vend at RIT?
If you are an RIT faculty, staff, or alumni who is interested in vending at RIT, please contact the Student Assistant for Vending (email@example.com).
Individual students are not allowed to vend. However, student groups (i.e. clubs, sororities, fraternities etc.) can vend, for the purpose of raising funds for their organization. There is no cost to vend for student groups.
Why Vend at RIT?
Vending at RIT is a great opportunity to sell products and services to potentially thousands of students, faculty and staff members.
There are two locations on campus where vendors are permitted to sell. The lobby of the Student Alumni Union (SAU Building 4) is our most popular vending location. The SAU is a central place for many campus offices and activities. This is also the location of two cafeterias (Brick City Café, RITZ SportsZone), Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, and Nathan’s Soup and Salad; all popular and busy places for RIT students, faculty, and staff. Vending at RIT is a great opportunity to reach a wide range of possible customers.
The other vending location is Grace Watson Hall (Building 25), located on the residential side of campus. Grace Watson houses the largest dining hall on campus, referred to as Gracie’s, which serves over 1,300 residents. If you wish to vend in the Grace Watson Lobby and/or the Sundial, please contact Marc Goldman, Associate Director for the Center for Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of Vending at RIT
Vending in the SAU is available from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. There is a limited number of spaces so please remember to book early. Payment for vending is due either prior to vending date or no later than the vending reservation. Acceptable payment methods are check, money order, or cash. If cash is used, the exact amount must be given.
One (1) table - $50.00
Two (2) tables - $75.00
Three (3) tables - $85.00
Four (4) tables (SAU only) - $100.00
RIT Staff/Alum/Faculty Vendors
You may reserve tables at a reduced cost. Reserving a table/vending space is only $25 for the first table. Any additional tables (up to a total of three tables) are $10 each.
One (1) table - $25.00
Two (2) tables - $35.00
Three (3) tables - $45.00
Four (4) tables (SAU only) - $55.00
- No vending is allowed until the vending agreement for 2018-2019 is received. Reservations for each vendor will be done on a first come, first serve basis.
- No more than 2 vendors are allowed in the Student Alumni Union (SAU) on the same day. Vending is held from 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
- In the Student Alumni Union, a max of 4 tables per vendor can be reserved at a time. If two vendors are scheduled for the same day, we will allow one larger vendor (3-4 tables) and one smaller vendor (1-2 tables).
- Vendors are not allowed to take tables outside of the SAU without special permission from the Senior Associate Director/Manager of Campus Life Facilities (585-303-2593).
- Vending reservations are not permitted on weekends or during breaks, and typically not during exam weeks.
Prohibited Vending Items
The following items may not be sold by vendors:
- Credit Cards
- Candles or other open flame devices
- Incense and potpourri
- Fog machines and similar devices
- Touchier style lamps, including but not limited to those that use halogen, incandescent or fluorescent bulbs
- Energy drinks
- Tapestries and/or other fabric wall hangings (including flags)