New to Counseling & Psychological Services?
Counseling & Psychological Services (CaPS) is open year-round Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm (summer hours 9am - 4pm). Evening appointments may be arranged with individual service providers.
There are three ways to make your first appointment:
- Walk in to the Counseling & Psychological Services office, located on the second floor of the August Center (AUG), across from the Student Life Center. Tell the receptionist at the front desk that you would like to make an appointment.
- Call us at (585) 475-2261.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Only read during business hours)
At that time you will be offered the next available time and assigned to a service provider based on your availability. You will also be asked if you need to be seen immediately for an urent matter.
If you are in need of immediate help
If you or another person is at risk of serious injury or death right now, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
If you think that you or another person is at risk or in danger:
- If you are on campus, call Public Safety (585) 475-3333.
- If you are off-campus, call 911.
For urgent matters during business hours (8:30 am - 4:30 pm), call (585) 475-2261 or come to the Counseling & Psychological Services office and tell the receptionist you would like to speak with the walk-in counselor.
For urgent matters that cannot wait for business hours, call 1-855-436-1245 to speak with a mental health provider.
Returning for Services?
If you have received counseling services from CaPS in the past, either individual or group therapy, you can make a new appointment by emailing, walking in or calling us at (585) 475-2261. Please tell the receptionist that you have previously received CaPS services.
If it has been in a previous academic year, we will ask you to complete additional paperwork.