Power Your Potential Leadership Conference at RIT, June 5
Keynote speaker Maggie Brooks headlines the Women’s Alumnae Network event
May 18, 2009
by Marcia Morphy
Follow Marcia Morphy on Twitter
Follow RITNEWS on Twitter
Leading women in the Rochester business community have something to say to their peers on how to “Power Your Potential.”
A lifelong learning conference for women, sponsored by the Women’s Alumnae Network at Rochester Institute of Technology’s E. Philip Saunders College of Business, will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, June 5, in the Lowenthal Building on the RIT campus.
Kicking off the event is Maggie Brooks, who has earned a reputation as a dedicated and effective leader since being sworn in as Monroe County’s fifth County Executive in January 2004—and notably, the first woman to hold the office. Her top priority remains the same: strengthening the local economy through job creation.
A panel discussion follows on “Survival in Turbulent Times” with moderator Suzanne Clarridge, president and CEO of My Brands Inc. Panelists include Lauren Dixon, CEO of Dixon Schwabl; Susan Holliday, president and publisher, Rochester Business Journal; and Christine Whitman, CEO and president, Complemar Partners Inc.
Participants can choose to attend a total of three educational workshops from the following available sessions:
- Managing the Asset of YOU: Bobbie Goheen, CEO and president of Synthesis Management Group
- Personal Branding in Cyberspace—The Age of Web 3.0: assistant professor Neil Hair and associate professor Victor Perotti, Saunders College of Business
- How NOT to Get Cut Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Mary-Beth Cooper, vice president of Student Affairs, RIT
- Understanding Credit: When Credit and Finances Meet: Cheryl McKeiver, Monroe Community College
- REINVENT Your Career: Marguerite Ashby, senior accountant at Harry I. Sealfon, CPA
- Power of Prevention: Susan Grace, RD, MBP Health Care (formerly Preferred Care)
The cost to attend the all-day event is $50, and includes lunch. For more information or to register, contact Donna Slavin at (585) 475-2199 or email@example.com. Directions and parking information are available on-line at http://saunders.rit.edu