Study Abroad For Health Sciences Students
- It’s important for CHST students to start early when planning to study abroad in order to have the most flexibility in finding health sciences coursework abroad. But remember that if you’re late to the game, you may still have options and a study abroad advisor can help you find a program that may work for you.
- Saving a few of your general education credits, free electives, perspectives or professional electives to take abroad will offer you more variety of programs and locations to choose from.
- A shorter summer program may be a good option to fit in an international experience for Health Sciences majors, with summer coursework typically focusing on public health, comparative health systems or community health. Or consider taking courses towards your immersion abroad over the summer.
- Strong health sciences coursework is typically available in Europe and Australia - however you are not limited to these locations!
CHST Study Abroad Info Sheet – Highlights major/college specific study abroad information such as the best time to go and popular programs.
- If you’re interested in one of the programs highlighted, login to the Compass (application database), click on the ‘Search Programs’ tab and type in the program name in the keyword box to learn more and start an application.
- Don’t see a program you’re interested in on the sheet? Do a Compass search to expand your options (choose your field of study from the drop down list).
Program in Focus - Biomedical Sciences Majors - DIS Abroad, Denmark
This affiliate study abroad program has strong discipline-specific coursework in biomedical sciences that is a good match for RIT students.
Study Abroad Scholarships
- RIT Education Abroad Travel Grant - Available for RIT Global Campus, Faculty-Led, and Exchange programs ($500-$1,000). Students are automatically considered for this funding if you have a pending application in the RIT study abroad Compass for an eligible program. Awards are based on financial need.
- Honors students are eligible for a $500 travel grant to study abroad.
- Other featured study abroad scholarships - keep in mind that scholarship deadlines are often early, so it’s best to investigate these early in your study abroad application process.
- RIT Study Abroad Scholarships - RIT college and department scholarships that can support a study abroad program of your choice.
- National Study Abroad Scholarships - Nationally competitive scholarships that fund a study abroad program of your choice.
- Funded Programs - Competitive international programs to study, research, learn a language, or intern abroad that are mostly or fully funded.
CHST Global Ambassadors
Study Abroad Global Ambassadors are returned CHST study abroad students who can answer any questions you may have from a student perspective – feel free to reach out to them via email or social media.
|Nhyira Asante||Biomedical Sciences||Mediterrean Diet in Greece (Perrotis College)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Olivia McCluskey||Biomedical Sciences||Ireland's Culture, Society & Justice System (Faculty-Led Program)||email@example.com|
Additional International Opportunities
These highlighted international programs and fellowships include options for undergraduate students or after graduation opportunities.
- Fulbright Canada-Mitacs Globalink Program - funding for10-12 week summer internship for U.S. students to work on research projects in Canada in the areas of science, engineering, math, and social sciences.
- DAAD Rise - funding for 3-month STEM summer research internship program in Germany
- Amgen Scholars Program - funding for summer research experience in Japan, China or Singapore for engineering or science majors.
- Global Health Corps - provides funding to work on the frontlines of the fight for global health equity. Placements in Burundi, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia.
- Fulbright Fellowship (U.S. Student Program) - funding for upcoming or recent graduates to go to grad school or complete and independent research project abroad.
Contact Jenny Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Education Abroad, for more information on these opportunities and to assist you in the application process.
Search for more fellowship opportunities at email@example.com