In our advertising degree you'll analyze audiences and craft persuasive messages for a variety of traditional and emerging media platforms, including websites, social media, news sites, blogs, video and photography sites, and more.
Students have the capabilities and understandings of:
- Spoken, visual, and mediated communication.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research, and statistical analyses.
- Writing speeches, news releases, advertising copy, newsletters, feature articles, and managing various digital and social media platforms.
- Designing layouts for newsletters, brochures, and other print materials through knowledge of the Adobe Suite
- Creating campaigns for public relations and advertising
Program job titles reported
Copywriter; Media Planner; Account Executive; Public Relations Specialist; Strategist; Marketing Coordinator; Marketing Communication Specialist; Social Media Specialist
Select program hiring partners
Abiomed, Apple, Blue Bear Creative, Calspan Corporation, Caribou Coffee, CGI Communications, City of Rochester, EC Scott Group, Finger Lakes Performing Provider System (FLPPS), Garlock Sealing Technologies, Innovative Solutions, ITT Corporation, Kodak Alaris, Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, The Walt Disney Company
|Outcome||% of Students|
|Full-time Graduate Study||0%|
Cooperative education, or co-op for short, is full-time, paid work experience in your field of study. And it sets RIT graduates apart from their competitors. It’s exposure–early and often–to a variety of professional work environments, career paths, and industries. RIT co-op is designed for your success.
Students in the advertising degree are required to complete one cooperative education or internship experience.