In our advertising degree you'll analyze audiences and craft persuasive messages for a variety of traditional and emerging media platforms, including websites, social media, news sites, blogs, video and photography sites, and more.
Students have the capabilities and understandings of:
- Spoken, visual, and mediated communication.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research, and statistical analyses.
- Writing speeches, news releases, advertising copy, newsletters, feature articles, and managing various digital and social media platforms.
- Designing layouts for newsletters, brochures, and other print materials through knowledge of the Adobe Suite
- Creating campaigns for public relations and advertising
Program job titles reported
Merchandise Service Coordinator; Events Planner; Digital Marketing Coordinator; Advertising Script Writer; Junior Copywriter; Digital Outreach Specialist
Select program hiring partners
Abiomed; Apple; ARCMIS Corp; Blue Bear Creative; Caribou Coffee; Catholic Family Center; CGI Communications; Finger Lakes Performing Provider System (FLPPS); Fromagination; Garlock Sealing Technologies; Hands & Voices; LaLew Public Relations; RIT - Center for Campus Life; RIT - College of Liberal Arts; The Walt Disney Company; Tri Sigma
|Outcome||% of Students|
|Full-time Graduate Study||0%|
What’s different about an RIT education? It’s the career experience you gain by completing cooperative education and internships with top companies in every single industry. You’ll earn more than a degree. You’ll gain real-world career experience that sets you apart.
Students in the advertising degree are required to complete one cooperative education or internship experience.