Alumni Career Assistance
Our career services coordinators are available to work with you on job search or career topics. For those of you who may want more in-depth coaching, use one of our community coaches. Our office also provides resources through expert webinar series and job search platforms for seasoned professionals.
Expert Webinar Series
We provide a resource of on-demand webinars featuring the nation’s top career authors and experts to share tips, tools, and best practices that will help you manage your career and job searches. Join your fellow alumni each month for a talk that can help you build or maintain a successful career strategy. Listen live or access the archived recordings at any time.
Visit this website to register and access the webinars.
Please note that providers are independent contractors and are in no way affiliated with RIT, or the RIT Office of Career Services, and are not being compensated by our office.These are fee-based services with rates given by each provider. Mention you’re an RIT Alumni for special discounts.
RCM Associates Career Coaching
Directed award-winning career centers for Fortune 500 companies and provided professional development coaching to management level staff at the National Institutes of Health, World Bank, law firms, and businesses, as well as career training at area colleges and career centers.
- 40+ professional career transitions: debunking age myths
- LinkedIn profile development and social media optimization
- Job search planning, results-oriented search methods and marketing resources
- Certified Professional Coactive Coach (CPCC)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- DISC Career/Management Assessments
Coach and Promoter for Public Speakers
Certified coach empowering public speakers to develop a dynamic stage presence, increase their audience, and build a bold business platform. Assists speakers in the promotion of their message via trainings, keynotes, and other speaking opportunities. Presently she sits as vice president of programs and operations for the Rockstar Superstar Project.
- Certified Coach through Coach Training Alliance by the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor
- National Certified Adolescent Addictions Counselor
Worked many years in nonprofit leadership positions, including stints as executive director, project manager, management team leader, and Board member. Transitioned to the for-profit sector, establishing a sales rep business and becoming New York State sales manager in 1993. A past board chair of career development services, the YWCA and several other organizations, and has served on numerous boards of directors and community task forces.
- 1-on-1 executive coaching
- Leader circles
- Team coaching
- Relationship management coaching
- Strategic planning
Coaching certifications from The Coaches Training Institute, The International Coach Federation, and the Institute for Social + Emotional Intelligence (ISEI)™
Janine is a career counselor who assists people in getting to know their strengths, interests, values, and skills, identify and evaluate their options, and create an action plan to help them get to their next step in education or employment. Janine also has experience assisting people navigate factors that might be roadblocks in one's employment journey, such as depression, anxiety, executive functioning challenges, and chronic health conditions.
- Career counseling and coaching for individuals with disabilities.
- Career counseling and coaching for individuals with neurodiverse challenges such as autism spectrum disorder/Asperger's syndrome and ADHD.
- Assist candidates with disabilities to identify employment opportunities with disability-inclusive employers, disclose and request accommodations, and manage the stress and anxiety that often accompanies the job search process.
Certified Career Counselor, National Certified Counselor, Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) practitioner
From re-evaluating career goals after company layoffs or finding a new passion to peruse, changing career paths is very common today. Changing jobs offers new challenges and opportunities to expand your skills and work toward long-term goals. Our Career Counselors are here to help you through your transition. Make an Appointment.
Career Change Triggers
- More financial reward
- Lack of challenge in your work
- No opportunities for growth
- Limited job opportunities
- Work/life balance issues
- Stress concerns
- Dissolving of positions from AI Technology
Career Change Considerations
- Personal internal and external barriers
- Transition timeline to new career and success
- Retirement plan and goals
- Healthcare needs for you and/or your family
- Life Insurance and Disability needs
Additional Education Considerations
- Realistic quality improvement of current position
- Education requirement for a new career
- Time commitment
- Financial costs and long-term benefits
- Personal internal and external barriers
Steps to a New Career
- Identify your support systems (family, friends, etc.)
- Create a list of careers you can see yourself enjoying and being successful in
- Establish goals and action plans for each to accomplish your career change
- Determine what you want from an employer, a company, and a work environment
- Talk with professionals who currently work in the field that you are interested in
- Join professional organizations and network with contacts in that field
- Create a timeline for a successful career transition
- Prepare for the transition. It will be challenging both emotionally and mentally, so give it time and be patient
Are you looking to explore a new career path instead of retiring? Encore career resources can help reassess your interests and skills to determine a new chapter in your life.
- Encore Careers
- Retired Brains
- Retirement Jobs
- Next Avenue
- Seniors 4 Hire
- Work It Daily
- Career One Stop
- Workforce 50
- SEE Program
Our office is always available to assist in this transition through self-assessments and job search help.