RIT sponsors and promotes a number of career fairs throughout the year. Our two major university-wide career fairs take place fall and spring terms, in the Gordon Field House. They are open to RIT students and alumni only--RIT ID is required for admission. There is no registration fee or pre-registration required for students.
- Career Fair Early Check-in
- Career Fair Dates and Locations
- Searching Companies and Job Descriptions
- Career Fair Programming
- Social Media
- LinkedIn Portraits
- Interview Day
Employers recruit for co-op and full-time openings at our University-Wide Career Fair. We typically draw over 250 companies and over 4,000 students and alumni to the fairs. The type of companies that participate range from small tech firms to Fortune 500 companies.
The Spring and Fall University-Wide Career Fairs are followed by an Interview Day; scheduled interviews are a result of connections you make with recruiters at the fair. Interview Day also takes place in the Gordon Field House. Over 1,500 interviews are typically conducted on Interview Day.
To enter the fair you must have your attendee/badge on a lanyard. You can swipe in the day of the fair with your RIT ID to get one or better yet, do Early Check In (see details below).
Official App for the Career Fair is Career Fair Plus at the App Store or Google Play, choose the one for RIT. It’s that simple! This allows you to have all of your Career Fair needs in one place before and during the fair, including an Interactive Map of all companies attending. Download the App NOW!!!
Or, you can go to: Career Fair Plus Web View
NOTE: Due to security protocols that are in place at the field house for all events, there will be bag checks prior to entering the field house.
Visit the How to Work a Career Fair page to get ready for the event!
Just bring your RIT ID (or remember your RIT email address) to "swipe in", you can pick up your badge and avoid waiting in line the day of the fair.
Fall 2017 Career Fair
Career Fair: Wednesday, October 4, 2017, 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Interview Day: Thursday, October 5, 2017
Gordon Field House
(Open to RIT students and alumni only please)
Here are some reminders for the Fair –
- Remember to bring your lanyard. If you did not get one ahead of time, bring your RIT ID to get one at the fair.
- Please leave your bags and backpacks at home
- You cannot use the SLC lockers on Wednesday, they are for recreation users only
- Visit Handshake and Career Fair Plus App to plan your day
- Parking – please pay attention to campus-wide email regarding parking. Spaces are at a premium please plan to use campus shuttles or ride share
- The orange ribbons on employer signs are for local Rochester companies
- Recruiters wearing a tiger sticker are RIT alumni
For a complete list of panels, employer networking events and more -- login to Handshake/Events. Use the Career Fair Plus app for information as well!
You have two options! Use the official app: Download the CareerFair Plus app for the list of companies, announcements, map and more! (Did you already download it for the last fair, be sure to update it.) The app allows you to have all of your Career Fair needs in one place before and during the fair.
Or you can use RIT Handshake. To find the list of participating career fair companies (and links to their profile and web site), login to Handshake from the student/alumni page of our site. Click on 'Events'.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE APP OR HANDSHAKE
- Download the Career fair Plus App > Select University-Wide Fall Career Fair > Select employers > Select Filters (top right hand corner) > Select your major as well as your academic cluster to get the most complete list. For example: Engineering/Eng Tech – Electrical (cluster) as well as Electrical Engineering (major).
- On Handshake Select Events > Select Career Fairs>Select Fall Career Fair 2017 > Scroll down and select Advanced Search > Scroll down to Majors Recruited and select your major. Also select the arrow next to your major cluster to get a drop down menu. Then select your major there as well. You must do both to get a full list. See below for an example.
It is a good practice, for the companies you are interested in, to check to see if they also have current job postings in Handshake. Apply if you have the skills/qualifications. Visit a company's site prior to the fair and submit your resume if you can. Then let the recruiter know what actions you have taken prior to attending the career fair. It will show them that you are motivated to work for them.
TIP: During the fair each company table will have a notice above them the recruiter updates with the majors of interest and citizenship requirements.
To prepare you for major career fairs, we schedule workshops around related topics. Check out the full schedule which includes a range of career fair preparation workshops and other job search-related info sessions. RIT Handshake has a calendar feature that will lay things out for you -- by week, month or year!
To request interpreting services for workshops or company networking events, go to https://www.ntid.rit.edu/AccessServices
The Office of Career Services and Co-op creates a Facebook Fall Career Fair event page featuring all events to help you get prepared (workshops, panels, etc.), Info Sessions and MORE! By simply clicking on "going" you will receive valuable Career Fair information before the fair.
Follow Us! @RITCareers #RITCF (Official hashtag for Career Fairs)
The Spring and Fall Career Fairs are followed by an Interview Day. Scheduled interviews are a result of connections you make with recruiters at the fair. Interviews are conducted in the Gordon Field House. Time slots are typically 30 minutes in length.
Keep track of any interviews that are scheduled during or after the fair so that you have no conflicts. When setting up your interview time, be sure to note the company and recruiter's name to avoid confusion. Dress professionally for the interview, bring your resume and prepare for this interview as you would for others. Note: not all recruiters plan to stay for Interview Day, many interviews will be set up after the event.
Typical Interview Schedule:
8:00 am-3:30 pm Student Interviews (start time may be earlier, or later, by employer preference)