RIT sponsors and promotes a number of career fairs throughout the year. Our two major university-wide career fairs take place fall and spring terms, in the Gordon Field House. They are open to RIT students and alumni only--RIT ID is required for admission. There is no registration fee or pre-registration required for students.
- Resume Reviews
- Career Fair Dates and Locations
- Searching Companies and Job Descriptions
- Career Fair Programming
- Interview Day
- Social Media
Employers recruit for co-op and full-time openings at our University-Wide Career Fair. We typically draw over 250 companies and over 4,000 students and alumni to the fairs. The type of companies that participate range from small tech firms to Fortune 500 companies.
The Spring and Fall University-Wide Career Fairs are followed by an Interview Day; scheduled interviews are a result of connections you make with recruiters at the fair. Interview Day also takes place in the Gordon Field House. Over 1,500 interviews are typically conducted on Interview Day.
You can swipe in the day of the fair with your RIT ID.
APP AVAILABLE: Official App for the Career Fair is Career Fair Plus at the App Store or Google Play.
The app allows you to have all of your Career Fair needs in one place before and during the fair, including an Interactive Map of all companies attending. Download the App Today!
SECURITY: Due to security protocols that are in place at the field house for all events, there will be bag checks prior to entering the field house.
Here are some reminders for the Fair –
- Bring your RIT ID to check in. No need to register ahead of time
- You can enter the Field House starting at 9:30 am , not before
- Please leave your bags and backpacks at home, if possible
- You cannot use the SLC lockers on Wednesday, they are for recreation users only
- Visit Handshake and Career Fair Plus App to plan your day
- Parking – please pay attention to campus-wide email regarding parking. Spaces are at a premium please plan to use campus shuttles or ride share
- The orange ribbons on employer signs are for local Rochester companies
- Recruiters wearing a tiger sticker are RIT alumni
For a complete list of panels, employer networking events and more -- login to Handshake/Events. Use the Career Fair Plus app for information as well!
- Don’t have time to eat during the Career fair? We will have peanuts, various bars, fruit, Powerade bottles, and mints to purchase near the SLC Check in. Cash, Credit/Debit, Dining Dollars, and Tiger Bucks are accepted. Free water and lemonade drink dispensers are located on Field House side, main level. (Food/drinks aren't allowed on Field House floor).
- Check App Announcements throughout CAREER FAIR for important fair updates & news. Engage with employers, share your experiences on social: #RITCareerFair @ritcareers
- 4 great companies will be located on the SLC Basketball Court instead of the Field House during the Fair: Northrop, Harris, IBM, and More Vang. Be sure to visit them (and enjoy a little more elbow room).
- Tiger Stickers & Orange Ribbons - you will see both proudly displayed at the Career Fair. RIT alumni recruiters will be wearing a tiger sticker (sometimes it's easier to talk to a fellow Tiger). Orange ribbons on booth signs indicate companies with a Rochester-area location. It's like a scavenger hunt!
- Plan Your Strategy, Do Your Research! Here’s a link to the web version of the Official Career Fair Plus app for Fall University-Wide Career Fair: http://qrs.ly/6d7msbi -- It gives you the option to print, or download your filtered companies into a spreadsheet.
- NEW FILTER ADDED: "Rochester Area" This will allow you to easily identify all the companies with a location in Rochester or the surrounding areas.
Visit the How to Work a Career Fair page to get ready for the event!
Get your resume checked over before the event! Multiple locations are scheduled on site in various colleges across campus. Login to Handshake/Events to find out more details.
University-Wide Career Fair
Spring Career Fair 2020 | February 26th (Fair) and February 27th (optional Interview Day). Gordon Field House
You have two options! Use the official app: Download the CareerFair Plus app for the list of companies, announcements, map and more! (Did you already download it for the last fair, be sure to update it.) The app allows you to have all of your Career Fair needs in one place before and during the fair.
Or you can use RIT Handshake. To find the list of participating career fair companies (and links to their profile and web site), log in to Handshake from the student/alumni page of our site. Click on 'Events'.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE APP OR HANDSHAKE
The Career Fair Plus app allows you to have all of your Career Fair needs in one place before and during the fair, including an Interactive Map of all companies attending.
- Download the Career fair Plus App > Select University-Wide Fall Career Fair > Select employers > Select Filters (top right-hand corner) > Select your major as well as your academic cluster to get the most complete list. For example Engineering/Eng Tech – Electrical (cluster) as well as Electrical Engineering (major).
- On Handshake Select Events > Select Career Fairs>Select Fall Career Fair 2018 > Scroll down and select Advanced Search > Scroll down to Majors Recruited and select your major. Also, select the arrow next to your major cluster to get a drop-down menu. Then select your major there as well. You must do both to get a full list. See below for an example.
It is a good practice, for the companies you are interested in, to check to see if they also have current job postings in Handshake. Apply if you have the skills/qualifications. Visit a company's site prior to the fair and submit your resume if you can. Then let the recruiter know what actions you have taken prior to attending the career fair. It will show them that you are motivated to work for them.
To prepare you for major career fairs, we schedule workshops around related topics. Check out the full schedule in Handshake -- it includes a range of career fair preparation workshops and other job search-related info sessions. Handshake has a calendar feature that will lay things out for you -- by week, month or year! Or search under Events.
To request interpreting services for workshops or company networking events, go to https://myaccess.rit.edu/myAccess5/
The Spring and Fall Career Fairs are followed by an Interview Day. Scheduled interviews are a result of connections you make with recruiters at the fair. Interviews are conducted in the Gordon Field House. Time slots are typically 30 minutes in length.
Keep track of any interviews that are scheduled during or after the fair so that you have no conflicts. When setting up your interview time, be sure to note the company and recruiter's name to avoid confusion. Dress professionally for the interview, bring your resume and prepare for this interview as you would for others. Note: not all recruiters plan to stay for Interview Day, many interviews will be set up after the event.
Typical Interview Schedule:
8:00 am-3:30 pm Student Interviews (start time may be earlier, or later, by employer preference)
The Office of Career Services and Co-op posts on social many events to help you get prepared (workshops, panels, etc.), Info Sessions and MORE!
Follow Us! @RITCareers #RITCareerFair (Official hashtag for Career Fairs)