RIT Concert Band
No performances currently scheduled. Please visit the RIT Events Calendar for a full listing of performing arts concerts and events.
Concert Band Spring 2023
There is limited availability in some sections for the RIT Concert Band (Spring 2023), particularly bass clarinet, bassoon, and tuba. Interested students should contact Luke Camarillo (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding auditions as soon as possible. The audition process includes 2-3 minutes of prepared music (etudes, excerpts, scales, and/or solos) and a short sight-reading exercise.
About the Director
Luke Camarillo has conducted ensembles throughout the United States and abroad, most recently the Charleston Symphony Orchestra, Nov Simfonichen Orkestŭrof of Bulgaria, and the OSSIA New Music Ensemble at the College Music Society National Conference. He has been selected as a Conducting Fellow at the Eastern Music Festival and the Juilliard Conducting Intensive. Trained as a clarinetist, he studied at Le Domaine Forget with Yehuda Gilad and Paul Meyer, and privately with Patrick Morgan, Richard Shanley, and Jun Qian.
Luke is currently pursuing the Doctor of Musical Arts degree in Conducting at the Eastman School of Music where he studies with Mark Davis Scatterday. At Eastman, he is the Donald & Polly Hunsberger Fellow and recipient of the Frederick Fennell Conducting Fellowship. He serves as Assistant Conductor of the Eastman Wind Ensemble, and regularly appears as a conductor with the OSSIA New Music Ensemble. Prior to his studies at the Eastman School, he received the Master of Music degree in Conducting from the New England Conservatory. While at NEC, he led performances with the New England Conservatory Wind Ensemble and conducted premieres with the NEC Symphonic Winds and New Music Ensembles. After completing his undergraduate music training at Baylor University, Luke taught in the public schools of Austin, TX.
Recently Performed Repertoire
- Corcoran Cadets March (John Philip Sousa)
- New England Triptych: III. Chester (William Schuman)
- Imagine If You Will (Timothy Mahr)
- Selections from West Side Story (Leonard Bernstein, arr. W. J. Duthoit)
- The Fairest of the Fair (John Philip Sousa)
- Sevens (Samuel Hazo)
- The Liberty Bell March (John Philip Sousa, Arr. Keith Brion)
- Raging Machines (Brian Balmages)
- William Byrd Suite: 1. The Earle of Oxford’s Marche (Gordon Jacob)
- Irish Tune from County Derry (Percy Aldridge Grainger)
- Florentiner March (Julius Fučik, Ed. Frederick Fennell)
- Mars from “The Planets” (Gustav Holst)
- Selections from Wicked (Stephen Schwartz)
The RIT Concert Band rehearses Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 7:45 PM in the SAU Music Room (SAU A130). This is located in the basement of the SAU, across from the backstage doors of Ingle Auditorium.
Please note: students may enroll for 1-credit or participate without enrolling for credit. Please contact the Director for more information.
Students can register for this 1 credit course.