Annual Imagine RIT festival returns to RIT May 4
RIT campus begins planning for innovation and creativity festival
Jan. 10, 2013
by Matt Gregory
Follow Matt Gregory on Twitter
Follow RITNEWS on Twitter
Mark your calendars, the Imagine RIT: Innovation and Creativity Festival is less than four months away. The annual event showcases RIT’s diverse, innovative culture, where visitors can enjoy hundreds of exhibits, food, live entertainment and a fun, friendly atmosphere. It takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 4, on the RIT campus.
“With less than four months to go to our sixth annual Imagine RIT, I am grateful to program chair Heather Cottone and to all of you—the tremendous RIT community members who volunteer and exhibit the innovation and creativity that is the hallmark of our great university,” says Barry Culhane, executive assistant to the president and festival chairman.
Here’s a preview of what to expect from this year’s installment:
New this year:
• President Destler’s E-Durance Challenge: Contestants will race modified children’s electric toy vehicles. The team that completes the most laps in one hour wins. Teams are limited to spending no more than $500 on their vehicles.
• New shirts: In the upcoming weeks, new designs will be unveiled for the T-shirts that every volunteer and exhibitor will receive.
• Hundreds of new and exciting exhibits.
• Proposal submission: Proposals will soon be accepted for exhibits. Look for an announcement next week.
• Poster Contest: The deadline for the sixth annual poster design contest is Friday, Feb. 15.
Things to remember:
• Imagine RIT is free and open to the public.
• Parking will be available on RIT’s campus, with additional parking at Monroe Community College. Shuttles will take visitors to and from MCC.
• Time Warner Cable is the premier sponsor of the festival.
• Imagine RIT website: www.rit.edu/imagine
• YouTube: www.youtube.com/imaginerit
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/Imagine_RIT
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/ImagineRIT
• Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/imaginerit
• WordPress: imaginerit.wordpress.com
• Information webinar recording: connect.rit.edu/p8clac1fze5/
If you have questions or would like more information, go to the Imagine RIT website, or contact Heather Cottone, manager of special projects and program chair for the festival, at 585-475-7856 or email@example.com.