All RIT Dining locations offer a variety of fresh and healthy food options that accommodate and support healthy living on campus. In addition, our skilled staff incorporates a wide range of healthy preparation, production, and cooking techniques that substitute unhealthier food items with healthier options.
Our campus is home to a hydroponic farm, housed in a shipping container, that produces 10-15% of the produce used on campus. The farm grows a variety of herbs and lettuces used at RIT Dining locations. When available, we also use fresh produce supplied by local, regional farmers.
Here's a look at some of the healthy options available in all dining locations:
- Vegetarian entrees and soups using tofu, meat substitutes, grains, legumes, and/or all vegetables
- Whole grain and low carbohydrate bread
- Rice, soy, and almond milk
- Lactaid 100% lactose free non-fat milk
- Light dressing alternatives
- Greek and low fat yogurt
- 97% fat free turkey
- Egg whites
- Low-fat and fat-free dairy products
- Stir fry options grilled to order using healthy alternatives (water, olive pomace oil)
- Canola, olive oil, and zero trans fat blended oils
- Trans fat-free oil for frying
Each dining location offers a variety of healthier options, as well as vegan and vegetarian options. These items meet the following requirements:
- Under 600 calories
- 0 trans fat
- Less than 5g of saturated fat
- Less than 800mg of sodium
- Contains no high fructose corn syrup
- Prepared without frying
Be on the lookout for our Tiger Choice icon. Educate yourself further on our nutrition labeling system.