All RIT Dining locations offer a variety of fresh and healthy food options that accommodate and support healthy living on campus. In addition, our skilled staff incorporates a wide range of healthy preparation, production, and cooking techniques that substitute unhealthier food items with healthier options. When available, we use fresh produce supplied by local, regional farmers. Healthy options available in all dining locations are listed below:
- Vegetarian entrees and soups using tofu, meat substitutes, grains, legumes, and/or all vegetables
- Whole grain and low carbohydrate bread
- Rice, soy, and almond milk
- Lactaid 100% lactose free non-fat milk
- Light dressing alternatives
- Greek and low fat yogurt
- 97% fat free turkey
- Egg whites
- Low-fat and fat-free dairy products
- Stir fry options grilled to order using healthy alternatives (water, olive pomace oil)
- Canola, olive oil, and zero trans fat blended oils
- Trans fat-free oil for frying
Find allergen friendly cuisine at the Simply Eats station in Gracie's. This station focuses on eliminating the "Big 8" food allergens, as well as gluten and sesame seeds from all recipes.
The staff at Gracie's take many steps to ensure safety including menu development, purchasing and receiving, production, cooking and minimizing the potential for cross-contamination. Everyone is free to enjoy the selection of foods regardless of a food allergy or intolerance.
Each dining location offers a variety of healthier options, as well as vegan and vegetarian options. These items meet the following requirements:
- Under 600 calories
- 0 trans fat
- Less than 5g of saturated fat
- Less than 800mg of sodium
- Item is not fried
Be on the lookout for our Tiger Choice icon. Educate yourself further on our nutrition labeling system.