AEOP Apprenticeships and Fellowships
Army Educational Outreach Program
Apprenticeships and Fellowships
RIT's K-12 University Center facilitates Army Educational Outreach Program Apprenticeships and Fellowships in collaboration with U.S. Army Research Laboratories and Centers, and partner universities across the country. The U.S. Army-funded initiative annually serves more than 400 high school, undergraduate, postgraduate and graduate students, and postdoctoral scientists and engineers at these locations.
AEOP offers youth and teachers with opportunities for meaningful science, technology, engineering and math experience; competitions; and paid hands-on internships alongside U.S. Army researchers. RIT is part of a consortium of organizations, led by Battelle Memorial Institute that is responsible for administering the comprehensive portfolio of STEM enrichment and workforce development opportunities on behalf of the U.S. Army. AEOP's vision is a diverse, agile and highly competent talent pool that is representative of the nation's demographics to strengthen the U.S. Army, Department of Defense and workforce. Please see this link for more information about AEOP, including a list of offerings and impact reports.
Apprenticeships, Fellowships and Career Development
AEOP Apprenticeships and Fellowships help participants gain skills and unique experiences needed today to prepare for STEM careers of tomorrow. Advance education and career opportunities by joining a team making scientific discoveries and inventing the technologies that support America's innovation goals. AEOP apprentices (high school and undergraduate students) and AEOP fellows (graduate and postdoctoral individuals) conduct real-world, U.S. Army-sponsored research alongside scientists and engineers in world-class facilities. AEOP Apprenticeships and Fellowships are hosted by laboratories throughout the country. There is no cost for participation, and apprentices and fellows earn an educational stipend.
For more information about AEOP Apprenticeships and Fellowships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (585) 475-4529. You may also see regular blog posts and news by following the links below:
- AEOP Blog
- Burnette, AEOP nominated for RIT Presidential Award for Outstanding Staff
- RIT student, USMC veteran a judge in AEOP-sponsored youth pin design challenge honoring veterans
- RIT student to pursue career with DOD through AEOP apprenticeship opportunity, SMART Scholarship
- Outreach specialists provide guidance before applications open for AEOP apprenticeships and fellowships
- K-12’s Army Educational Outreach Program connects students with research opportunities nationwide
- McInnis, Salsbery to host JSHS information session for aspiring students
- RIT student uses experience with AEOP to pursue career with the Department of Defense
- K-12 University Center connection to AEOP sparked from passion, a grant and staff with a commitment to transformative change through STEM education
- Attending conferences part of learning how AEOP can fit into individual STEM journeys
- RIT’s K-12 program partners with Army