Featured Career Programs and Events
EXCITING NEWS! We have shifted from RIT Job Zone to Handshake!
Handshake is our new career platform (for students and alumni) with more jobs, more employers, more engagement, and a more personalized experience!
We plan to make this a seamless switch-over with no loss of connection to current job postings, plus you will have continued access to RIT Job Zone until June 1, 2018 (just in case you wish to pull some data or a copy of your resume from it).
Spring Career Events
Rochester Area Colleges Alumni Networking Event, Wednesday May 16th, 6-8pm
Are you in a job search? Thinking about a career change? Want to grow your network? This event is for you! Connect with fellow alumni from all Rochester area colleges and employer representatives from some of Rochester’s top employers for networking and potential future job contacts. Click here for more information and to register.
Alumni 21-Day Career Challenge: Get Your Career in Gear!
Are you happy with your current job situation? Are you satisfied with your career success? If not, we invite you to challenge yourself to move forward towards the career and job you want! Join us beginning March 1st to take control of your career, strengthen your focus, and equip yourself with the tools and techniques for a successful job search – one day at a time. Click here for complete program information and resources.
Branded for Success: Career Webinar
Join us for tips on creating a brand that effectively sets you apart and sells you to prospective employers. Click here for webinar recording and transcript.
Interviewing Success: Career Webinar
Improve your interviewing skills and gain confidence with our success tips. Click here for webinar recording and transcript.
Expert Career Webinar Series - http://alumnicareerservices.org/rit
Monthly webinars on job search and career management topics. New series for Career Encores and Recent Graduates. Join the webinars live, or view the archived webinars at anytime. View a partial list of upcoming webinars on our Alumni Programs page. Register and access the webinars here -http://alumnicareerservices.org/rit.
List of Services
The RIT Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education is driven by a simple mission - to provide effective, high-quality services to RIT students and alumni that empower them to succeed in obtaining employment appropriate to their career objectives and personal goals.
- Customized web site with access to Handshake (part of our site where you can search and apply to job openings, and more) plus other resources and information. Click here to find out how to register.
- Personalized career advisement with a Career Services Coordinator -- online, phone, in-person appointments and walk-ins. Please ask for a referral through your Career Services Coordinator. If you do not already know your Career Services Coordinator, use our staff directory or contact our office at 585.475.2301.
- Access to online job postings and on-campus interviews, career fairs. Use Handshake to view our database of jobs, interviews, events, and employer profiles. (You can access RIT Handshake with an active RIT computer account. Recent system changes require you to create a new RIT account; if you have not already done so, go to start.rit.edu, and click on the 'Alumni Access' link on left side to get one. Then email us your new username and we will activate your account).
- Personalized Career Coaching service with professional coaches. This fee-based service is available to all alumni; view our available coaches and reach out to begin working with them.
- Job search resources for your specific career field.
- Programming geared to the alumni-job seeker. Check out the Schedule of Upcoming Events.
- RIT Alumni Network as a senior or as an alumna/us, you have access to a database of alumni maintained by RIT Alumni Relations.
- RIT Alumni Relations Office site the place to go for other alumni benefits and services .
All of our great, free resources are available through our site. Request a password now!