Institute for Business, Government, and Society at RIT
The Institute for Business, Government, and Society at RIT, directed by Sandra Rothenberg, Ph.D., serves as a hub for research and teaching that focuses on the intersection of three of the main institutions shaping the world today: business, government, and society.
The institute aims to support teaching, research, and student activities that focus on understanding:
- The interconnected roles of business, government, and society in both creating and resolving critical social problems, such as climate change, economic inequality, poverty, access to affordable quality health care, destruction of natural resources, and privacy.
- How technology impacts the intersection of business, government, and society.
- How business can have a constructive role in helping society address social challenges.
- New models for business and capitalism that help create shared value among business, government, and society.
- How managerial skills, leadership, and governance contribute to ethical and socially responsible organizations.