The Uniform Guidance procurement standard in effect July 1, 2018 applies to the purchases of goods and services on federal grants and cooperative agreements. It contains particular requirements about sole source purchases, competitive bidding, advertising of requests for proposal, and analyzing proposals.
The Procurement Paw (above) is a visual representation of the policy created by the OMB. For additional explanation, please see the chart below.
- Requires at least three (3) written bids
- Non-federal entity must have written procedures for evaluating proposals
- Formally publicized with evaluation criteria
- Firm fixed price cost reimbursable contract
- Awarded to firm most advantageous to program
- Requires Price Summary Form and Federal Funds Procurement Checklist