Accounts Payable


Accounts Payable is responsible for non-payroll disbursements including purchase order payments, invoice payment forms, travel and other employee reimbursements, student refunds and stipend payments to graduate research assistants. Accounts Payable prepares and distributes annual 1099 forms.


Supplier information can be found at the Procurement Services website.

Employee Expense Reimbursements

Graduate Research Assistants

Training resources can be found here.

Payments Made to Human Subjects Participating in Research Projects

Here is information to assist you in reporting how the funds were disbursed to human subjects.

  1. Since the payment you requested is an “advance”, it has been charged to a “prepaid” account (i.e., it will not be reflected on your department/project statement as an expense). We will charge your department/project when you provide us with detailed information about who received the funds.
  2. Human subject fees are taxable income to the individual receiving the payment. If the individual is not an RIT employee, they will not receive a Form 1099 if the total cumulative amount they receive from RIT for services is less than $600 in a calendar year.
  3. Complete the "Payments Made to Human Subject – Detail Report” form (the link to this form is below). Ask each individual receiving payment to sign the form acknowledging receipt of the cash (or gift card) payment. Note: if the human subject is a student, or an RIT faculty/staff member, they must provide a University Identification Number (UID) on the form. All other human subjects (no RIT affiliation) must provide their social security number.
  4. Return the completed Detail Report to the RIT Accounting Department or SPA (if the research study is funded by a grant/contract) within 90 days of the check date.
    • Note: If complete documentation is not received within 90 days, the amount of the advance will be charged to your department operating account and treated as taxable income to the employee who received the advance (i.e., the full amount of the advance will be added to the employee’s W-2 wages).
  5. If you do not spend the entire amount of the advance, please complete a Deposit ID form and deposit the excess funds at the Student Financial Services’ Cashier’s Office. Attach a copy of the Deposit Form to the completed Detail Report.