We offer a variety of payment methods to make purchasing on-campus convenient and fast.
A meal plan is a prepaid account for on-campus meals available to students. At the start of the term, students choose and pay for a predetermined plan to cover meals throughout the semester. To purchase a meal, swipe your RIT ID card and the meal or meal cost is deducted from your meal plan.
- Each Tiger Meal Plan (Tiger 19, 14, and 10) includes a set number of total meals per week. Gracie’s Meals and Meal Exchanges make up the total meals per week.
- Meals are used exclusively at Gracie’s, our all-you-care-to-eat dining facility.
- Meal exchanges are a Gracie’s meal that you are allowed to exchange at another dining location. They are valued at $9.50 and may be used in any Dining location except Concessions, Nathan's Soup & Salad, and Java Wally’s. Meal exchanges can also be used at Gracie’s.
- Meals and meal exchanges are not transferable week to week. The total meal and meal exchange balances are reset for breakfast on Sunday and are available through dinner on Saturday night.
Dining Dollars can be part of a meal plan or added voluntarily throughout the semester via Tiger Spend. Terms and conditions apply to each.
- There is no New York sales tax charge (8%) on Dining Dollars.
- Used for food purchases only at all on-campus dining locations excluding Java Wally's.
- A set amount is included in each dining plan per semester or they can be added as needed via Tiger Spend.
- Can be rolled over from fall to spring and expire at the end of the spring semester. Unused funds will be forfeited.
Tip: Use Dining Dollars before Tiger Bucks for food purchases as Dining Dollars expire at the end of the spring semester.
Tiger Bucks are a valuable and convenient debit account accessed through an RIT ID card, or temporary reload cards for campus visitors. Purchases can be made at various locations on campus including Dining locations, Barnes & Noble at RIT, RIT hockey games and for lab fees, printing, and academic fees.
- Tiger Bucks never expire and roll over each semester.
- There are no fees, no interest, and no monthly billing.
- Deposits can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at Tiger Spend or at one of our three Tiger Spend Reload Stations.
- Your RIT ID card prevents others from using your lost or stolen card.
- There is a $5 minimum deposit for credit card deposits.
- Tiger Bucks is not a cash card, you cannot receive cash from this account.
Other Accepted Payment Methods
Other accepted payment methods include Cash, Credit (Visa/Mastercard/Discover), Apple Pay, Google Pay, Pay Range. Our credit card processing allows chip, contactless, and swipe methods.