We offer a variety of payment methods to make purchasing on-campus convenient and fast.
A meal plan is a prepaid account for on-campus meals available to students. At the start of the term, students choose and pay for a predetermined plan to cover meals throughout the semester. To purchase a meal, swipe your RIT ID card and the meal cost is deducted from your meal plan.
For the Spring 2021 semester, all meal plans are comprised of Dining Dollars only. Dining Dollars can be part of a meal plan or added voluntarily throughout the semester via Tiger Spend. Terms and conditions apply to each.
- There is no New York sales tax charge (8%) on Dining Dollars.
- Used for food purchases only at all on-campus dining locations excluding Java Wally's.
- A set amount is included in each dining plan per semester or they can be added as needed via Tiger Spend.
- Funds never expire and rollover until graduation.
Tiger Bucks are a valuable and convenient debit account accessed through an RIT ID card, or temporary reload cards for campus visitors. Purchases can be made at various locations on campus including Dining locations, Barnes & Noble at RIT, RIT hockey games and for lab fees, printing, and academic fees.
- Fund never expire and roll over until graduation.
- There are no fees, no interest, and no monthly billing.
- Deposits can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at Tiger Spend or at one of our three Tiger Spend Reload Stations.
- Your RIT ID card prevents others from using your lost or stolen card.
- There is a $5 minimum deposit for credit card deposits.
- Tiger Bucks is not a cash card, you cannot receive cash from this account.
Other Accepted Payment Methods
Other accepted payment methods include Cash, Credit (Visa/Mastercard/Discover), Apple Pay, Google Pay, Pay Range. Our credit card processing allows chip, contactless, and swipe methods.