Hale-Andrews Student Life Center (SLC)
This 88,000 square foot complex is located on the north side of the Quarter Mile, midway between the dormitories and Student Alumni Union. It services the recreational, athletic, and wellness education needs of the RIT community. The facility includes multi-purpose courts, dance studios, racquetball courts, squash court, boxing room, golf simulator, elevated jogging track, two classrooms, locker rooms, and more!
General Building Policies
- Proper ID required for access.
- Athletic apparel (tops and bottoms) and footwear required at all times.
- Photo and video prohibited in locker rooms and restrooms.
- Observe all emergency exit signage.
- Food and gum are prohibited in activity areas.
- Flyers and posters must be approved by the SLC Main Office.
- Alcohol and tobacco use are prohibited.
- RIT is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Patrons, including children age 8 and older, may utilize facilities consistent with their gender identity.
- Use of camera and video equipment is prohibited without prior approval.
- Pets are not permitted (except for service animals).
- RIT Members (ages 16 and up) may sponsor up to 3 guests per day.
- Persons under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- A minimum age of 14 is required to use the fitness center.
- A minimum age of 4 is required to use the aquatics center.
- Children under the age of 4 are prohibited from all activity areas.
- Solicitation is prohibited.
- Bicycles, skateboards, hover boards, and roller blades are prohibited.
- Private swim lessons, personal training and coaching for profit are prohibited.
- Rules for specific areas are posted on-site.
- Violation of rules included here or other posted policies, malicious use or defacing of property, spitting, solicitation, verbal abuse of employees, or other violations of Institute policy will be investigated by staff, Public Safety and/or local authorities.
- Non-compliant individuals may be asked to leave facility or may have privileges suspended.