Portland, Oregon. 97201
The purpose of the CPS Office Coordinator position is to work with Center administrators, staff, and faculty to provide administrative, financial management, and project portfolio support to the Center, as well as supervise student employees supporting the Center’s administrative operations.
This position has a variable FTE between .75 (30 hours per week) and 1.0 (40 hours per week), starting at 1.0 FTE.
Minimum Qualifications from Classification
- Two years of general clerical experience. One year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
- An Associate’s degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
- Graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology AND one year of general clerical experience.
College courses in Office Occupations or Office Technology will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Additional Minimum Qualifications for this Position
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
2. Ability to delegate tasks and lead others.
3. Intermediate to advanced computer skills including word processing, mail merges, spreadsheets, database maintenance, query and report design, scheduling, fillable forms, page layout, slide presentations, website updates, and trouble-shooting equipment set-up (such as laptops and projectors).
4. Basic knowledge of handling accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, and accounting.
5. Demonstrated ability to quickly and proficiently absorb and understand new information.
6. Ability to work interdependently in a team environment and effectively with diverse people.
7. Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail.
8. Ability to manage competing priorities: being responsive to unanticipated requests while ensuring regularly assigned tasks are completed on time.
9. Self-motivated, willing to take initiative.
10. Successful completion of a background check.
2. Experience supervising employees.
3. Experience handling accounts payable and receivable.
4. Experience that includes supporting project proposal submission processes, such as compiling documents, communicating with project team members, formatting final proposal documents, and meeting submission deadlines.
5. Experience working in PSU systems including BANNER, Destiny, Drupal, D2L, DataMaster/Cognos.
6. Experience designing and maintaining relational databases, and designing queries and reports.
7. Experience working with contracting and HR documents.
8. Advanced MS Office skills. Working knowledge of Google (Gmail, Calendar, Sites, Drive, Groups), BANNER, Cognos, Salesforce, Emma, Drupal, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Illustrator, and Destiny preferred.
9. Experience troubleshooting equipment set-up (such as laptops, projectors, telecoms) preferred.
10. Experience that includes entering, compiling, and/or reporting financial information.
11. Experience that includes supporting new employee hiring, on-boarding, and payroll-related processes.
12. High comfort level communicating with leaders at local, state, federal, tribal, and international levels of government and nonprofit organizations.
13. Experience working in a large, complex organization and a fast-paced environment.
Special Working Conditions:
As a self-sustaining Center operating within the university, CPS is under pressure to continually adapt in response to changes in market demands as well as university policies and procedures, resulting in a fast-paced work environment with regularly shifting priorities. The position will require some traveling across campus for errands, event set-up, and meetings.
Additional Application Instructions (deadlines, etc.)
Please list the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references. References will be contacted only if you are selected as a finalist.
Background Check Required Yes
If you have questions, you may contact the Center for Public Service at email@example.com.