BFA, MS, Rochester Institute of Technology
Senior Lecturer/Liaison/Tutor for the Department of Visual Communications Studies
Aug 2015 - Present - 7 years 5 months
Consulted, developed and taught courses/workshops, as well as produced various media materials in compliance with ADA laws (including alt tags, sign language and captions) for grant-based, promotional and training videos. Formed intra-department relationships to provide supplemental learning to faculty, staff and students. Hired, supervise, scheduled, trained and evaluated Teaching Assistants and co-ops. Researched and implemented innovative learning tools to an audience that embodies various learning styles. Reviewed bids, blueprints, equipment to construct a multipurpose studio. Compiled equipment data and designed a detailed inventory database. Participated in multiple committees, workshops, consultations and beta-test tasks forces to assist several departments.
• Designed and implemented a video production studio.
• Recipient of the 2022 NTID Regional STEM Award.
• Increased enrollment of matriculated students.
• Created and implemented co-op and Teaching Assistant job positions.
• Created online/remote courses.
• Cohort of RIT’s 2018 Guided Online Learning Development.
• Beta-tester for NTID’s 2018 Online Learning Initiative.
• Deliverables were in demand by various social media sites and festivals/exhibits.
• Effectively accommodated various learners with various learning style preferences.
• NTID’s Delta XI Chapter of Epsilon Pi Tau Honor Society member.
Producer/Director for the Department of Communications, Marketing and Multimedia Services
Jan 2002 - Jun 2015 - 13 years 6 months
Consulted, managed and executed plans, resources and crew for promotional, informational and live shows including: hiring, supervising, scheduling, training, evaluating, producing, directing, videotaping, editing, subtitling/captioning, and animating. Maintained communications and relations with clients, video engineers and web programmers. Formatted shows for online, offline and the National Science Foundation Grant Guidelines.
• PRISM Award recipient for best Public Service Announcement in N.Y. State.
• Clientele grew considerably and repeat engagements requested my participation.
• Advanced the crew’s roles and responsibilities.
Butler, Janine, and Stacy Bick. “Sound, Captions, Action: Voices in Video Composition Projects.” Computers and Composition, Dec. 2021 International Journal of Language and Linguistics, Vol. 3, No. 2